User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    Do you know if this is the access panel you are speaking of? It's right next to the front ac? It's on the opposite side of the storage Bay though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That's where it is on mine. Inside the coach, it goes through a wood "trough" located at the top of the stairs. From there, you run the cable into the basement. That's on my Solitude 374 TH. By the way - my opinion - GD could have done a MUCH better job designing this "passthrough" - in fact, my grandson who is 10 could have done a better job. Nevertheless, it works.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecactus View Post
    Yes alanhenson that is the access. I installed a winegard traveler a couple weekends ago on my 2019 399TH. Its not hard but fishing 3 coax + the control cable down the little blue tube grand design gave us is a royal PITA. Not sure if your going with Dish or Direct TV, but technically for my setup with Dish, i only needed 1 coax + the control cable. I ran the other 2 just in case things change down the road. You will have to cut the ends off the coax and remove the 6 pins from the control cable plug so they fit through the tube. I used some foaming conduit lube too to help it slide.

On mine, the access panel was not directly over the tube, infact there was no tube that you could see once you take the plate off. There was a hole drilled in a truss that was a few inches under the roof. In the basement behind the black toilet tube there is a small blue tube that is stubbed out.

I got the dish installed and tested, and the wires ran to the basement but i ran out of time so I am finishing up the install this weekend.
    Great thanks so much. From there I assume you plug in the two boxes and run however many wires off the splitter and then into the nautilus and hook up all the TVs there? Then the TVs will have their own boxes. If I have all that straight.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thanks so much. From there I assume you plug in the two boxes and run however many wires off the splitter and then into the nautilus and hook up all the TVs there? Then the TVs will have their own boxes. If I have all that straight.

With Dish, you could run 3 wallys from the 3 coax cables that come out of the traveler. Or, and I am not expert on this, but I think you could hook up a DPH42 switch and run more then 3. Not sure what you mean by splitter, the 3 coax from the traveler should go into the nautilus and hook up directly to the sat ports you want. I am assuming you would use wallys. If you're going to use a hopper & joeys then its a bit different.

Are you using Dish Network or Direct TV?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dish for me. Looks like the splitter is built in now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the cables that went to the nautilus and just removed them from the back and put the splitter behind the wall. I also put in a electrical plug to power the sat controller
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this thread. I posted pictures and described how I did the cables at the Nautilus station. Read it all the way through for complete explanation.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-2019-Solitude

vonzoog
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My access roof or from storage has no visible tube at all. When I fish a tape it seems to just curl up in the wall next to the bathroom (373fb). is there another place I should be trying this or could my rig be missing the conduit altogether?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may need to contact Grand Design for the layout of your particular model.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 373fb-Colorado View Post
    My access roof or from storage has no visible tube at all. When I fish a tape it seems to just curl up in the wall next to the bathroom (373fb). is there another place I should be trying this or could my rig be missing the conduit altogether?
    My 2019 373FB had no conduit.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the conduit it anyway. Wasn't big enough for the cables. I just removed the trim panel for the bathroom door and pulled the paneling off a little bit to reveal the space where the conduit was. Then it was easy to get all the cables down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast