User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Campground theft!

Had it happen again in the last couple of days. No, not the high buck stuff we usually think about - generators, batteries, bikes, interior contents, etc. I'm talking the small part, that missing could be a big issue...
    Have now lost a total of 3 bumper plugs to someone "borrowing" one of mine in a campground.
    Worst was this morning, when I discovered someone had taken one of the two locking pins that prevents my Pro-Pride hitch from seperating from the vehicle when under tow. It was gold, shiney, and in a spot where it was easy to grab by anyone walking by (I know, my fault). Luckily, the cotter pinned bolt used to retain the foot on my jack could be pressed into service so I could leave the campground. Now I get to haunt the hardware stores to find a suitable replacement, as I leave on a month long trip in two days and don't have time to order replacements from Pro-Pride. Grrr.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it's mind boggling the little things that people will walk off with. Glad they didn't take it off the hitch and you didn't find out the hard way.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost never had anything disappear in a campground, to the point I couldn't be 100% sure I didn't misplace it.
    The exception was firewood. I have had firewood pirates steal wood in several places. It boggles my mind that dirtbags would risk the ire and beatdown I would surely deliver to steal a stack of freakin wood. [emoji34]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sande005

I hate that this happened to you. May you never see another campground theft. I have not had this happen to me yet. Fingers crossed it never does.

On another note post some images and tell us about your long trip.

By the way I really like that camper you have.
    Jim T.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep some spare hitch hardware in the trailer - hitch pin to keep the shank fastened in the hitch receiver, socket pins that keep the spring bars attached to the hitch head, and snap L-pins that hold the spring bars on the L-brackets; not because we've had any trouble with pieces being stolen, but because I worry about what a predicament we'd be in if I lost or misplaced any of those pieces of hardware.

My brother-in-law had a hitch head stolen one time when they were camping. He took it loose from the truck and set it under the front of their travel trailer so they wouldn't bang their shins on it. I think it was a Camco Eaz-Lift hitch, so maybe the burglar was just looking for metal to sell for scrap.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Had it happen again in the last couple of days. No, not the high buck stuff.
    Worst was this morning, when I discovered someone had taken one of the two locking pins that prevents my Pro-Pride hitch from seperating from the vehicle when under tow. It was gold, shiney, and in a spot where it was easy to grab by anyone walking by (I know, my fault).
    How could you ever think it is your fault? It was yours , not someone walking by and stopping to grab it. We as a society have moved so far left, to blame ourselves when some low life walks off with stuff they do not own.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    How could you ever think it is your fault? It was yours , not someone walking by and stopping to grab it. We as a society have moved so far left, to blame ourselves when some low life walks off with stuff they do not own.
    I absolutely agree. I have worked my butt off for what I have. I will not take the blame for someone taking what is not theirs.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had it happen again in the last couple of days. No, not the high buck stuff we usually think about - generators, batteries, bikes, interior contents, etc. I'm talking the small part, that missing could be a big issue...
    Have now lost a total of 3 bumper plugs to someone "borrowing" one of mine in a campground.
    Worst was this morning, when I discovered someone had taken one of the two locking pins that prevents my Pro-Pride hitch from seperating from the vehicle when under tow. It was gold, shiney, and in a spot where it was easy to grab by anyone walking by (I know, my fault). Luckily, the cotter pinned bolt used to retain the foot on my jack could be pressed into service so I could leave the campground. Now I get to haunt the hardware stores to find a suitable replacement, as I leave on a month long trip in two days and don't have time to order replacements from Pro-Pride. Grrr.....
    If your talking about the gold pins with the round ring then tractor supply has them in stock.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    If your talking about the gold pins with the round ring then tractor supply has them in stock.
    Geez, I've used the word "linch pin" (or Lynch Pin) all my life, and sort of knew what it meant. But never realized that THOSE were linch pins! And amazingly, my local Home Depot had exact replacements!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible your bumper caps fell off in transit? I know I have lost a cap while towing. I now am using one that has magnets to help hold it on.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast