User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnussailor View Post
    The two places I spend the most time, nearly 6 months between the two, are southeastern Oklahoma and southern Alabama. Interesting you should mention carrying a gun, I have an American Express attitude about that!!! Anyone who would settle an argument about a sewer hose with a gun has got to be a mental midget!

Gary
    Umm you do know I was just kidding right? Actually the matter was settled in true Texas fashion with a BBQ brisket cookoff competition.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird.... I am surprised that GD...

Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Had it happen again in the last couple of days. No, not the high buck stuff we usually think about - generators, batteries, bikes, interior contents, etc. I'm talking the small part, that missing could be a big issue...
    Have now lost a total of 3 bumper plugs to someone "borrowing" one of mine in a campground.
    Worst was this morning, when I discovered someone had taken one of the two locking pins that prevents my Pro-Pride hitch from seperating from the vehicle when under tow. It was gold, shiney, and in a spot where it was easy to grab by anyone walking by (I know, my fault). Luckily, the cotter pinned bolt used to retain the foot on my jack could be pressed into service so I could leave the campground. Now I get to haunt the hardware stores to find a suitable replacement, as I leave on a month long trip in two days and don't have time to order replacements from Pro-Pride. Grrr.....
    Does not put locks on the propane tank doors. Something I am going to do soon, JIC. People will walk of with anything.☹️ K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Umm you do know I was just kidding right? Actually the matter was settled in true Texas fashion with a BBQ brisket cookoff competition.
    No actually! I've heard of neanderthals settling lesser issues with a gun.

Gary

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't put locks on the Propane doors because of fire codes. The propane tanks have to have open air access and locks are not allowed on the doors. If you want to, you can place locks on the tanks to lock them in place (my tank straps have holes for pad locks).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is ever a fire the fireman have to be able to get to your propane tanks to be able to shut them off.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    We keep some spare hitch hardware in the trailer - hitch pin to keep the shank fastened in the hitch receiver, socket pins that keep the spring bars attached to the hitch head, and snap L-pins that hold the spring bars on the L-brackets; not because we've had any trouble with pieces being stolen, but because I worry about what a predicament we'd be in if I lost or misplaced any of those pieces of hardware.

My brother-in-law had a hitch head stolen one time when they were camping. He took it loose from the truck and set it under the front of their travel trailer so they wouldn't bang their shins on it. I think it was a Camco Eaz-Lift hitch, so maybe the burglar was just looking for metal to sell for scrap.
    It's a good thing that guy didn't fall and get hurt he would probably sue your brother-in-law and win

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnussailor View Post
    The two places I spend the most time, nearly 6 months between the two, are southeastern Oklahoma and southern Alabama. Interesting you should mention carrying a gun, I have an American Express attitude about that!!! Anyone who would settle an argument about a sewer hose with a gun has got to be a mental midget!

Gary
    That might be your attitude, but I would not stop short of the "gun thing" if things went too far South while I was trying to get some help to control the thief. Sorry but in the example, the sewer hose was mine not his and I will do whatever is necessary to try to protect what is mine. Or yours if I knew it was being stolen.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased vinyl coated fishing wire leader, barrel clamps, and the barrel crimping tool on Amazon and fasten all my caps, pins, ect... to the trailer. My primary reason for this is so I don't set something down, or misplace it. Should make it more difficult for someone to steal too.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stay in the higher end campgrounds. I just have read so much about others misery. I feel that the vast majority of campers are good, honest folks, but I figure why risk it.
    Kim & Deborah - Austin, TX
    2017 Ford F250 King Ranch 4WD (6.7L Power Stroke Diesel)
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS TT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve only ad e item go “missing”, unfortunately it was the foot to one of the landing gear legs on a previous fifth wheel. When we left from a campground it was there, but when we arrived at our next campground it wasn’t anymore. The only stop we made was a rest area for lunch.
    2017 F-350 Platinum CC Long bed SRW with the Ultimate Tow Package
    Pullrite 16K Hitch
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast