User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slide not coming in all the way

Ok, so I know this has been asked many times, yes I did search, but the solutions don’t seem to fit my scenario. We have a 374th. The living room driver side slide is now coming in at different speeds. Most of the suggestions say to take it out and back in 3x to reset it, or look at error codes. Well, I can’t extend my slide or bring it back in all the way without pushing on it while holding the button and there are no error codes on the controls. I can als bring it in, have it stop, take it back out, and repeat and it gets close to extending completely if I do this a few times. Little movements seem to work better, but it’s not working correctly.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the error code is on the slide controller, not the actual controls to operate the slide. The controller has an LED on it and the number of flashes corresponds to an error code. I'm not sure where your slide controller would be located though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it is out of sync and possibly binding, this is why it seems to move at different speeds. The linked video shows how to re-sync the slide. Also, make sure when extending or retracting the slide, to continue to hold the button for about 5 seconds after the slide has reached its full travel. Good luck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right...the controller is in the front bay, but no flashing lights.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned in the original post, the bring it in and out 3x as suggested by your video link doesn’t work.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajrvtravels View Post
    As mentioned in the original post, the bring it in and out 3x as suggested by your video link doesn’t work.
    Ajrvtravels, If you hit the "Reply With Quote" on the lower right (like I did) we'll know who you are replying to and get a message that we have been quoted. Makes it easier to follow the discussion.

Sounds like you will need to contact Lippert about your slide and get their input. Their customer service should be able to help. Safe travels...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajrvtravels View Post
    Ok, so I know this has been asked many times, yes I did search, but the solutions don’t seem to fit my scenario. We have a 374th. The living room driver side slide is now coming in at different speeds. Most of the suggestions say to take it out and back in 3x to reset it, or look at error codes. Well, I can’t extend my slide or bring it back in all the way without pushing on it while holding the button and there are no error codes on the controls. I can als bring it in, have it stop, take it back out, and repeat and it gets close to extending completely if I do this a few times. Little movements seem to work better, but it’s not working correctly.
    The video instructions state to move the slide in and out, 3x only 8-10 inches (yes, something you’re told NOT to do for normal operation). Extending/retracting fully perhaps merely maintains the “out of sync” operation, while the 8-10” jogging makes it re-sync. Worth another try.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Schwintek slides, when you fully extend or extract them it is important to continue pressing the button for an additional 6 seconds after they stop. This allows the motors to properly sync up. I’ve been told this numerous times by many experienced people.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya, Jim!
    No one here has mentioned how to avoid getting out of sync to begin with. In fact, neither did Malcom nor LCI in their video on how to get it back in sync. Hope the OP gets it sorted out.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L