User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pwrplay

323bhs Maiden voyage! Lovin it!

We are on our maiden voyage in our brand new 323bhs and this trailer is absolutely incredible. The space is amazing . We transferred all of our gear from our old TT and there is tons of empty storage. We could not be happier. It seems to be a well built unit. No issues so far, but the Atwood fridge doesn’t seem to get cold enough. Ice cream in the freezer went soft. I'll be keeping an eye on it for the next couple of days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20140822_163059.jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous campsite!! I know you are having a great time on your first time out!
    Does it seem t make a difference if you are running the frig on gas or electric? I usually start ours about 8 hours before we hit the road and it does great. Hope it gets better for you.
    Welcome to the GD family and the foum!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice! Bet you're loving it!.
    Our freezer doesn't keep ice cream to well either. Will have to try it on gas, in the old trailer the fridge kept ice cream really good.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll be taking our native voyage during the Labor Day weekend to Destin. Have been testing the unit at home, getting it ready for the trip. I'm concerned about being able to properly cool the unit. Have been running the air conditioner on generators the last couple of days. The single unit just doesn't seem to be able to cool the unit to my liking. Will probably have to look at installing the second unit some time soon, at least before next summer. But with these 100-degree days, might need this sooner than later. The bunkhouse in the 323bhs seems to cool off really well. So, at least the boys will be very comfortable. I must concur, love the layout and design of the unit. Stay tuned.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a nice site for sure. Soon we will be taking the first trip in our 323bhs too.
    Happy camping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice site pwrplay! Glad to hear your maiden trip is going well.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanksterman View Post
    We'll be taking our native voyage during the Labor Day weekend to Destin. Have been testing the unit at home, getting it ready for the trip. I'm concerned about being able to properly cool the unit. Have been running the air conditioner on generators the last couple of days. The single unit just doesn't seem to be able to cool the unit to my liking. Will probably have to look at installing the second unit some time soon, at least before next summer. But with these 100-degree days, might need this sooner than later. The bunkhouse in the 323bhs seems to cool off really well. So, at least the boys will be very comfortable. I must concur, love the layout and design of the unit. Stay tuned.
    Welcome to the forums Hanksterman!
    A second air will definitely make a big difference.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

pwrplay
    Thanks everyone.

Just an update on the freezer issue. It looks like the freezer door handle wasn't closing completely and not sealing the door. I figured this out by the amount of condensation built up and also that I could feel a little cold under the handle when opening the freezer. My wife also said she felt water in the handle area as well.
    I adjusted the handle to close tighter and the freezer seems to be working
    better since. Will monitor it closely next time we use it and the amount if condensation that builds up.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Just an update on the freezer issue. It looks like the freezer door handle wasn't closing completely and not sealing the door. I figured this out by the amount of condensation built up and also that I could feel a little cold under the handle when opening the freezer. My wife also said she felt water in the handle area as well.
    I adjusted the handle to close tighter and the freezer seems to be working
    better since. Will monitor it closely next time we use it and the amount if condensation that builds up.
    How do you adjust the handle on the freezer door? I have a 303 and looked yesterday. No adjustment allowed that I could see. Confused?? You betcha. Thanks.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

pwrplay
    There are 2 screws that hold the handle to the door when you look up into the freezer handle.
    You have to have the freezer door open to see them. I loosened the screws and straightened the handle while pushing it in while tightening the screws and that tightened up the seal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast