User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST310GK: What type hose is this what's the best way to splice it?

I'm doing some faucet mods on our 2018 ST310GK and have questions about the supply lines to the faucets. What is the name of the hose they use to supply the bathroom faucet? Kinda looks like PEX but it's flexible so therefore not PEX. I need to splice two pieces together. Can you splice and crimp this type of hose with the crimp rings the same way as PEX? Or, what's the best way to join 2 pieces in a splice?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    I'm doing some faucet mods on our 2018 ST310GK and have questions about the supply lines to the faucets. What is the name of the hose they use to supply the bathroom faucet? Kinda looks like PEX but it's flexible so therefore not PEX. I need to splice two pieces together. Can you splice and crimp this type of hose with the crimp rings the same way as PEX? Or, what's the best way to join 2 pieces in a splice?
    Your right, it's certainly not PEX. I've never found the exact name of it, and have always seen it called just "RV soft hose". The issue is the hose has a larger inner diameter than PEX, so when they use PEX fittings on it, it could eventually leak. I've seen online the general consensus is to replace it all with PEX. Depending on where your splice is, I would either replace both sections with PEX, or transition what I could to PEX. If you're converting between the two, I've read people using these fittings
    https://www.sharkbite.com/products/b...tylene-adapter with a hose clamp on the soft hose side. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/2” barbed fitting. It is slightly larger diameter than a PEX splice. I think I remember getting a 1/2” barbed to 1/2” PEX adapter also. Ideally a screw clamp made for rubber fuel injection hose. They are made to not bite into the hose. I have also used PEX crimp style clamps with no issues.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    1/2” barbed fitting. It is slightly larger diameter than a PEX splice. I think I remember getting a 1/2” barbed to 1/2” PEX adapter also. Ideally a screw clamp made for rubber fuel injection hose. They are made to not bite into the hose. I have also used PEX crimp style clamps with no issues.
    Charlie
    Yeah, that's what I've been using; 1/2 brass barbed splice fitting with hose clamps. Still wants to seep a bit. Maybe I just need to go tighter on the clamps.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's what I've been using; 1/2 brass barbed splice fitting with hose clamps. Still wants to seep a bit. Maybe I just need to go tighter on the clamps.
    Any old hose clamp will not do. Search "tight-seal" bolt hose clamps. If you cannot find locally, McMaster-Carr is your friend. The reinforced vinyl hose that's made overseas and used in our campers is awful! Slowly replacing all mine with full PEX. You can also buy food grade silicone and smear the barb before pressing on the hose. This really helps because the vinyl expands and contracts readily with temperature changes.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Any old hose clamp will not do. Search "tight-seal" bolt hose clamps. If you cannot find locally, McMaster-Carr is your friend. The reinforced vinyl hose that's made overseas and used in our campers is awful! Slowly replacing all mine with full PEX. You can also buy food grade silicone and smear the barb before pressing on the hose. This really helps because the vinyl expands and contracts readily with temperature changes.
    Good info, but kinda hard to find that type of clamp for 1/2" hose.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info, but kinda hard to find that type of clamp for 1/2" hose.
    Not at all. A speed shop or better auto parts store will have them as they are the proper clamps for fuel line and heater hoses. Ideal is another brand of them.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Not at all. A speed shop or better auto parts store will have them as they are the proper clamps for fuel line and heater hoses. Ideal is another brand of them.
    Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the wrong place.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if I used a 1/4 turn shut off valve on the two hoses with 1/2" compression fittings?

They're the 1/2 " red and blue hoses leading up to the bathroom faucet. All of this came about because I replaced the junk plastic single handle faucet in the bathroom with a nice Delta dual handle faucet. I cut the lines 1/2 way down from the old faucet to get the piece of junk out figuring I would just splice them back in.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I replaced our bath faucet, I simply went down into the hold and replaced that hose with Pex, I cut out the "Tee" for the old hose and installed a Pex "Tee" and ran the Pex in under the sink.

The only supplies I needed were a package of Pex "Tees", a package of Pex "Elbows" (in case I needed to make a corner bend), a couple of packages of SS Pex crimp rings and the Iwiss Pex Cinch tool and a Pex Cutting tool (links below). I bought a 10 foot Blue and a 10 foot Red Pex pipes from Home Depot.

FYI: Pex plumbing is really simple to work with.

Note: I bought extra pipe, elbows, clamps and Tees along with the tools just in case I had an issue on the road I would have everything I needed to make a repair on the road.

PS: while you are in the plumbing mode, I recommend you install a pair of "Ball" valves in the water lines going to the washer. Easy fix and it could prevent a future flood. The lines run right over your head when you stick it into the curb side hold door.

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/RIDGID-23488-...65&s=hi&sr=1-9
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast