User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm booking sites now for a fall trip out to Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota and Utah. I have found the state parks are averaging $40 per night for non state residents and private campgrounds run $40-$60 per night. We also stay in COE parks at $14 per night for power and water. Most of the state park rates include power and water. We have two nights booked at the Badlands National park Cedar Pass campgroundI'm paying $25 per night with no hook-ups through a private concessionaire and no discount for the senior pass.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stay at private campgrounds and cost for full hook-up ranges from $50 to $100/night depending on location and weekday vs weekend.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the influx of new RVers and the demand for sites, there is no incentive to lower rates or offer discounts. The best we can hope for is to shop for the lowest rates and book plenty of time ahead.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Not sure about all states but GA has a 14 day limit per stay.
    You can get around the 14 day rule by reserving a different spot after 14 days.
    My understanding was the policy is no more than 14 days in a 30 day period. Either that’s a different system or they changed it relatively recently. The web page now says must vacate campground for 3 days.

https://gastateparks.org/ReservationPolicies
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I've found that it varies somewhat depending on the region. Here around North Carolina, it's around $30/night for power and water. I know that's not the coast you were looking for, but I wanted to say another option you may look at is being a park host. If you can get the gig, most places offer free stays in exchange for a few hours work every day doing things like emptying trash cans. We have not done this ourselves since we do not stay in one spot long enough, but those whom I have personally talked to seem to like the arrangement.
    I love NC. $30 a night sounds very reasonable to me. I assume the most we would stay in one place would be 1 maybe 2 weeks untill we realize we should slow down and smell the roses

Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    In the western US private park rates are now $45-$55 a night or more plus tax during season and a few dollars less out of season. Most places have weekly rates which are stay a week and get one night free and monthly rates are much cheaper. If you have Good Sam or other discount card many commercial rv parks give a discount on nightly rates which usually covers the tax. If you want to know the rates use Google. Google “RV park” and enter the town name. Go to the park web site and most will have rates posted someplace on their site. Federal and state campgrounds are usually a little cheaper but not inexpensive. If you have one of the National park passes as stated above the price is less. Good luck finding a place in state or National parks unless you book a long ways out. This year, good luck finding a place to park the rig anyplace. We spent all afternoon the other day trying to book sites in southern Colorado and most places we called were booked full six weeks out when we wanted to go. We did find some places but we called every place in southwest Colorado.
    I am hoping it won't be as difficult to book sites from January to April.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    COE parks are open to the public. A national Park Senior Pass gets you half price. The age requirement for the pass is 62 and the price is now one time $80, which pays for itself pretty quick. Even at $26 per night in our area, it's a heck of a deal.
    Good to know about COE open to the public. We have never stayed at one. I will search for a list of locations. Are they typically nice places to stay?

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdburgerjr View Post
    My understanding was the policy is no more than 14 days in a 30 day period. Either that’s a different system or they changed it relatively recently. The web page now says must vacate campground for 3 days.

https://gastateparks.org/ReservationPolicies
    We changed sites in 2 Georgia state parks in 2021, maybe it has changed since then or maybe the park ranger used his discretion.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the influx of new RVers and the demand for sites, there is no incentive to lower rates or offer discounts. The best we can hope for is to shop for the lowest rates and book plenty of time ahead.
    that's for sure we are noticing the price hike at a lot of places we usually go to and how full they are. husband said time to get out the solar and hook up the genny we are gonna boondock for awhile until some get tired of camping
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    My understanding is that many state parks can not accommodate a 41' RV?

Is COE only for ex military use? That is an awesome rate.

Oldcow
    No. Everyone is welcome. Have to have the pass to get $13/night. $26 without it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except I think the OP is a Canuck?

COE parks are open to the public. A national Park Senior Pass gets you half price. The age requirement for the pass is 62 and the price is now one time $80, which pays for itself pretty quick. Even at $26 per night in our area, it's a heck of a deal.
    That is a US resident pass, but you can still get an annual NP pass which will permit entry to Core Of Engineers sites (COE).

Got my pass along with my citizenship!
    Mark and Amy Williams East Tennessee (Go VOLS), Retired and rollin'
    GD 303RLS (2020), Ford F250 King Ranch (2018), Brussel Sprout (fur baby co-pilot), Champion Inverter Hybrid Generator,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Location, location, location has been what determines the price and/or amenities. I use 5+ different resources to shop for a site that works for our 38' 5W + dually on our route. So far, the BEST pricing I have found on a regular basis is thru Passport America for RVP with FHU. For long-term stays, the Rio Grand Valley has offered the best pricing (in a climate like Miami, Florida) for winter travels in the US. We are not prepped for boondocking so don't even look for those sites. Boondockers Welcome has now been purchased by Harvest Hosts, but will be operating as 2 different brands. Both offer short stays for $0 to a small donation for overnight stays. If you are an Elks or Moose Lodge member, you can also locate lodges as you travel that offer a spot for a small $. Very few have a sewer connection, but often have a lodge with a kitchen that can offer a hot meal at the end of a travel day for all guests. You must be a member of the above options to take advantage of their facilities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast