Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3350RL Side to side cargo bay

Hello All,
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep cargo placed in the aforementioned area from shifting around! I thought perhaps spring tension rods would work and allow for compartmentalization. I am not interested in Moryde slide out tray as it wastes a lot of space. Has anyone used a rubberized floor covering? Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Annie n Leo
    2020 GMC 3500HD CC,SHORTBED,SRW 4x4 DURAMAX
    UpState NY

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    Hello All,
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep cargo placed in the aforementioned area from shifting around! I thought perhaps spring tension rods would work and allow for compartmentalization. I am not interested in Moryde slide out tray as it wastes a lot of space. Has anyone used a rubberized floor covering? Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Annie n Leo
    UpState NY
    We have the same RV. We fulltime so our pass-thru is very full. We don't use a floor mat or anything like that. Most of our things in the pass-thru storage compartment are in plastic totes. We have three shallow totes that contain fresh water hoses, extra power cable, spare water filters and such. Each tote is label so at a glance we know what's in it and they stack great.
    One large deep tote contains holding tank drain hoses (ends connected together) and various holding tank outlet attachments. Also have another deep tote that contains various spare parts we carry with us like wheel bearings / seals, TPO sealer, fuses, dremel tool, spare anode rods and such.
    Also in the pass-thru is a Green Mountain Smoker grill, lawn chairs, spare ice chest, tackle box, fishing pole, handy fold tool box and such. We also have a 5 gallon bucket from Lowe's and a plastic milk crate that contain some items. The plastic milk crate doubles for storing things and also to transport a 30# propane tank to get filled. I also installed to the pass-thru overhead a roller hose reel from harbor freight that i use to wind up the main 50 amp power cord.
    of course once all our "stuff" is loaded it doesn't move around, lol....
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-11-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve n Tami,
    Wow, I guess you do have a lot stored in the pass through. We are not quite yet full timers so we haven’t had the need to pack a lot. We use plastic bins appropriately labeled as well. We just have so much extra space, which might be a function of our previous trailer (consolidated packing), that everything moves around. I would like everything stay put and not slide. Perhaps you suggested the answer .......... pack more stuff ��!

Annie n Leo
    UpState NY

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

Annie n Leo
    UpState NY
    Our pass thru storage is basically full. Patio chairs/table, outside solar lights, leveling boards, landing pads (2 sets), collapsible wagon, plastic bin with sewer connections, bleach, hydrogen peroxide spray, hoses, chocks, hatchet, bin for wheel covers, collapsible ladder, water filters, patio mat, assorted tarps, 5 gallon water bottle, pail, for starters. There's not a lot of room for shifting. Maybe use lots of moving blankets and such to add bulk that you can remove as you fill up the space.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 02-11-2021 at 05:02 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

Annie n Leo
    UpState NY
    Same here as others. Mine is full enough that nothing moves. I have the following totes:
    Tools
    Fresh water hoses & stuff
    Black water hoses & stuff
    Leveling blocks
    More blocks
    5 gallon bucket
    Bottle jack - loose
    Small tote for cleaners lubes and other stuff
    Folding table
    Patio mat
    Small wood box with shovel axe lug wrench

We are not full timers. This doesn't include the stuff we carry in the back of our truck.

A rubber mat would be helpful. We opted to put in a cheap piece of sheet vinyl to preserve the flooring.

I think you just need more stuff.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike and Lisa, I am sure over time we will accumulate more things to store, but for right now we are trying to be a little minimalistic. We are looking for ways to have less clutter and just the essentials. Judging from the responses however I just have to pack more!
    Annie n Leo
    UpState NY

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello LivintheLife,
    General consensus seems to be pack more thus preventing cargo slip n slide. My husband to great lengths to find a spot for everything....... kind of like a puzzle to him. In our previous tow behind pass through the area was markedly smaller and as such it was full and nothing moved. Putting all of those contents in the 5er we still have enough room for so much more. He has been thinking of putting a rubberized mat down to stop the shifting of bins and such. I do like the moving blanket idea and they can always be used in other capacities. Thanks for the response.
    Annie n Leo
    UpState NY

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about adding empty totes / bins to fill the space.Then you have them as you start increasing the stuff you take.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can send you my wife. Give her an hour or 2 and she'll fill that space up to a point that you'll have to force on the doors to close them. Lol [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello LivintheLife,
    General consensus seems to be pack more thus preventing cargo slip n slide. My husband to great lengths to find a spot for everything....... kind of like a puzzle to him. In our previous tow behind pass through the area was markedly smaller and as such it was full and nothing moved. Putting all of those contents in the 5er we still have enough room for so much more. He has been thinking of putting a rubberized mat down to stop the shifting of bins and such. I do like the moving blanket idea and they can always be used in other capacities. Thanks for the response.
    Annie n Leo
    UpState NY
    Another thing we did to keep things from shifting, before filling the storage compartment, was use the RV collapsible 6 ft ladder we bought to pin things up against the wall. Also i had a left over 4 foot section of automotive brake line, bent the end of it in a hook so could snag things in the pass through and drag them over to the side to get them out. Our 5 ft collapsible washing handle brush works good for dragging things out from the middle of the storage compartment.
    When we bought our GMG smoker pellet grill, weighs @ 90 lbs, we went to Dollar General and bought the biggest cookie sheet we could find there. We set the grill legs on it and it slides across the floor to get the grill in and out without digging holes in the floor. You'll get there eventually to get it all filled up.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast