User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of today I have seen it all

As I was returning from a dog food run this afternoon coming the other way I saw a huge class A pulling a vintage Rolls Royce on a car carrier. Not being able to line up reservations to make my way home in April is troubling. Not being able to go out any longer spur of the moment is a total bummer. Seeing that I think is a sign.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    As I was returning from a dog food run this afternoon coming the other way I saw a huge class A pulling a vintage Rolls Royce on a car carrier. Not being able to line up reservations to make my way home in April is troubling. Not being able to go out any longer spur of the moment is a total bummer. Seeing that I think is a sign.
    Of what? Your point doesn't seem clear.

To me, your story simply reminds that there are people with a WHOLE lot of money, and many of them have gotten richer in the past year. Your Class A road-mate may well have been moving from one expensively-secured location to another one, possibly to join another vintage Rolls-Royce rally. Some people do live like that. Sucks that we're not among them, but so what?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty cool. The best thing I've seen yet towed behind a big class A motorhome is a Ford Super Duty. Usually toads are small, but I legitimately saw someone flat-towing a f250/350 behind their motorhome.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Of what? Your point doesn't seem clear.
    It's time to move on.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised they could afford the class A and a Rolls Royce, but didnt have an enclosed car hauler trailer to transport the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to move on.
    By all means..

But I've seen a lot of vehicles being towed behind RV's.
    I've seen class A's pulling
    Hummers,
    Covered trailers,
    a dirt track race car..
    Mercedes SUV's,
    A 1970 Plymouth Superbird...
    One time while my wife and I were sitting around the fire a Class A with an enclosed trailer pulled into the site across the way from us. My wife said that looks like a nice way to cross the country. I said, ya, but what do you do once you set up camp? At that point the couple dropped the door of the covered trailer and pulled out a Mercedes S3...and took off. My wife said...'that's what you do!!"...lol. I thought it was hilarious.

I'm in it for the enjoyment/lifestyle. If what other RV'ers tow behind them ruins it for you...by all means...move on.
    I'd love to sit around the campfire with you some day, I'm thinking you have lots of stories to tell.

He also might have been going to a car show...
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 03-28-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm surprised they could afford the class A and a Rolls Royce, but didnt have an enclosed car hauler trailer to transport the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It might not be a 100% RR. I read an article a while ago about people that buy old used up RRs and restore them, with american car running gear. They said you could have what looked like a RR for 20-30K. Has all of the wow factor of RR, at A Chevy/Ford price.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    That's pretty cool. The best thing I've seen yet towed behind a big class A motorhome is a Ford Super Duty. Usually toads are small, but I legitimately saw someone flat-towing a f250/350 behind their motorhome.
    I saw the same just last week.

I think OPs point is that it is now frustrating to no end trying to make reservations at campgrounds.

Gone are the days of just hitching up and moving wherever the wind blows, secure that a campsite could always be had.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were sitting in a campground in Cherokee NC a couple years ago and a young couple pulls in in a 45' tandem axle motorhome pulling a enclosed trailer. They unloaded two very customized choppers and a 600hp BMW5 that cost over $100,000 grand. Don't remember the brand of Motorhome but I remember looking it up on the internet an base price started at $860,000. If you got it, enjoy it.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing a lot of signs too. None positive.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast