User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside Slide Controls

Hey all,
    This question may be better suited for the Electrical discussion but I wanted to ask if anyone has added external/outside slide control switches? or if that is even possible? To me, it would be nice to have some switches in the same area are the water control bay. On the 310GK there is an approximately 2" wide space to the right of the bay that calls for control switches there.
    Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for butting in here, I have a Momentum. It has the One Control system for slides/lights/leveling etc. The One control system has an app you can download on your phone. The app allows you to connect to your control system and you can then control things while walking around the outside.

Hopefully the Solitude's have something similar. Solitude owners, don't hammer on me too hard for my ignorance I am just tying to be helpful.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know the Solitude can be special ordered with the One Control system but generally the line does not have it installed. Someone here on the forum had a Solitude special ordered with the system, so, not an impossible option but uncommon.

Sounds like a nice system!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    Sounds like a nice system!
    Thanks for the clarification. The One Control System is getting better but the 2017 version I have was a little buggy at first.

Hopefully GrandRocky can figure out how to add outside slide controls.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    Hey all, This question may be better suited for the Electrical discussion but I wanted to ask if anyone has added external/outside slide control switches? or if that is even possible? To me, it would be nice to have some switches in the same area are the water control bay. On the 310GK there is an approximately 2" wide space to the right of the bay that calls for control switches there. Thanks!
    You had me thinkin' about it for a couple of moments, but on reflection (no pun intended) I'd prefer to be inside when opening or closing the slides. That preference comes from experiences in which things were out-of-place before or after travel and were in a position to damage themselves or the trailer when the slides were closed or opened.

We're pretty good now at pre-trip preparation to minimize that risk - we tape things closed with big strips of masking tape - but it's still a risk. You don't want to learn that something has fallen out of a cupboard by hearing the crack of some trim or the object breaking while you're standing outside the trailer.

The last thing caveat I'll offer is that when you're controlling the slides inside you know visually AND aurally when both slides have completed their in or out movement. Controlling from the service bay you won't see the slide on the other other side of the trailer. You can guess by listening to the motor what's happening, but what if you can't hear the motor well?

If you do want to do it though, it's certainly possible. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too, want to be inside when operating the slides, I look before I operate any of the slides for open doors, drawers, or anything that could be hung up on a slide out.