User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    LMAO So you saw that then...
    Oh yes, it was hilarious! Besides, us ex Army guys are supposed to laugh at each other's jokes.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are definitely not the only one. We purchased at the end of February and placed in storage. I was supposed to pick it up April 4th. But that plan changed, and I can't even camp in the backyard.
    Dave & Susan Huizen
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Oh yes, it was hilarious! Besides, us ex Army guys are supposed to laugh at each other's jokes.
    Absolutely!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I picked ours up in October and parked it in November (Montana, luck to beat the snow). We were on our way to customer, first night on the road, to New Orleans when the lockdown came. Turned around and now in driveway all hooked up (less the sewer).

We provide online training and support for some software. My wife uses the newly installed desk for her sessions in the camper. I run my sessions from the office in the house. Sometimes we don't see each other for 8-10 hours and we are less than 100 yards apart.

I guess we are utilizing the camper at some level. Found a few things wrong and fixed them easily with the shop right here. Now installing WiFIRanger system. All sorts of things we now know we need different from the stock GD.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I would look for a place in your city that has a dump station available that you can use. If you find one then camp in your yard. Hook up water and power and spend a few days backyard camping. Make sure everything works. If you find a list of items that need warrantee work contact your dealer and see if you can't document the items and specifically the date the issue occurred. That way, should you be unable to get the rig to your dealer before the warranty runs out you've got some proof that you tried. While a lock down for a year seems very unlikely remember that once everything is back up and running the dealers are likely to be swamped with work and will have a huge backlog.
    Dump station?! All you need is the cover of darkness and a nearby storm sewer..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	25897

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel bad. We purchased our new 2670MK last year and more than half of our camping spots due to upsizing of the camper so I have really been looking forward to getting it out of storage this year. Now this! Hopefully we will be able to get out some this year. On the other hand as soon as we get to May I am bringing mine home to make some upgrades and do a little driveway camping. I have a FloJet RV waste pump that I have used in the past while at the house. I simply attach a garden hose that I use for waste water only and run it to the internal drain for the washing machine. Works great. That way I can do some cleaning of my black water tank without having to drive it to a local dump station.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the backyard or if need be driveway camping thing. Use it as much as you can to try things out and find the kinks and faults if they exist. No harm driving around the town trying maneuvering parking lots to not only get used to pulling it but find out if things are right. If you do find issues you probably will be able to get into the service bay quickly. Then when things open up you won't loose valuable camping time.
    Throw the kids out in it for a few nights too, you'll love the peace and quiet.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-14-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From another forum, a GD employee posted this:

"Customers experiencing concerns with their coach but are unable to schedule repairs with their dealer due to the Covid-19 crisis should contact Grand Design RV Customer Service (574-825-9679 or email us at [email protected]) to have their problems documented in the system. This will ensure warranty coverage when they are finally able to schedule repairs."

Hope this provides some comfort for new owners.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people never get the full 1 year warranty, if you think about it.

Here in the Mid Atlantic region, we typically winterize in October/November and reopen them in March/April.

No one extends my warranty for 4 months because it is winterized and sitting in my yard.

Also, 80% of the time, it is just sitting there and being used 5-6 times a year on weekends and a week or so vacation here and there.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    From another forum, a GD employee posted this:

"Customers experiencing concerns with their coach but are unable to schedule repairs with their dealer due to the Covid-19 crisis should contact Grand Design RV Customer Service (574-825-9679 or email us at [email protected]) to have their problems documented in the system. This will ensure warranty coverage when they are finally able to schedule repairs."

Hope this provides some comfort for new owners.

-Steve
    Thanks for that note, this is my concern because we are at last 6 months of warranty and may not get into a service center.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast