User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    Thanks for that note, this is my concern because we are at last 6 months of warranty and may not get into a service center.
    Grand Design is also good about authorizing a mobile tech if you cannot get your unit into a GD dealership for warranty repairs. They've done it for us a couple of times. You'd just need to coordinate it through GD Customer Service in Indiana (and they, for the most part, are all answering the phones from home... I spoke with them last week).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    Don't feel bad. We purchased our new 2670MK last year and more than half of our camping spots due to upsizing of the camper so I have really been looking forward to getting it out of storage this year. Now this! Hopefully we will be able to get out some this year. On the other hand as soon as we get to May I am bringing mine home to make some upgrades and do a little driveway camping. I have a FloJet RV waste pump that I have used in the past while at the house. I simply attach a garden hose that I use for waste water only and run it to the internal drain for the washing machine. Works great. That way I can do some cleaning of my black water tank without having to drive it to a local dump station.
    May sound a bit weird, but the FloJet is the best investment I’ve made with respect to our RV. An old 50’ garden hose does duty as a sewer line, ! have a washroom off the garage so distance and level is not an issue. Originally bought it because the City closed the local dump station. With previous trailers the last stop before parking the trailer at home was a few klicks from the house to empty and rinse the black tank - the toilet was always used on the road on the way home. The FloJet also lets me rinse out the grey tanks when de-winterizing.
    A side benefit has been driveway camping or at least allowing the grandkids to sleep in the trailer prior to this COVID fiasco. The kids could use the washroom during the night.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took delivery and signed our lives away about three weeks ago, just as the world decided to implode... But we don't feel like fools (yet).

In our case, there is only 1 GD dealer in the state (2.5 hour drive). There was also only 1 of the model we were interested in (and ultimately purchased) anywhere within 1000 miles... So, it was either the single unit that had been on their lot since last year or placing an order for a new build. Glad we got the unit while we were able as we were finally in a position to buy after many years of pipe dreams. Had we placed an order, we'd be out of luck as all manufacturing has halted which no doubt is going to throw a huge wrench into the works for some time. For us, the window of opportunity was limited.

At first, we were confident in our decision. When we went to take delivery, the dealer was operating on a skeleton crew. Everyone there felt a bit on edge like something big was about to go down and we were rushed through the delivery process and felt kicked out the gate once we signed on the dotted line. This gave us cause for concern and resulted in several issues with the trailer being overlooked (suppose we have ourselves to blame for this as you can never rely on a dealer to be transparent and honest). Once the excitement wore off and the fix-it projects began life got upended by COVID-19. The news would have you believe the world is coming to an end, but at least we have a trailer to show for it!

Sure, we're pretty much stuck in our driveway until our fearless leaders tell us that we're allowed back into the wilderness... But we've camped many nights, ate meals, played board games, etc. We're still enjoying our investment. I've been busy working out all the bugs. So, when it's finally time to take the trailer on it's maiden voyage, everything should be pretty well dialed in.

My biggest concern after three weeks of ownership is taking an unnecessary loan during what looks like is turning into an economic meltdown. If hyper-inflation ensues, we're up a creek. Then we'll feel like fools. Until then, we love our new trailer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otg-family View Post
    We took delivery and signed our lives away about three weeks ago, just as the world decided to implode... But we don't feel like fools (yet).

In our case, there is only 1 GD dealer in the state (2.5 hour drive). There was also only 1 of the model we were interested in (and ultimately purchased) anywhere within 1000 miles... So, it was either the single unit that had been on their lot since last year or placing an order for a new build. Glad we got the unit while we were able as we were finally in a position to buy after many years of pipe dreams. Had we placed an order, we'd be out of luck as all manufacturing has halted which no doubt is going to throw a huge wrench into the works for some time. For us, the window of opportunity was limited.

At first, we were confident in our decision. When we went to take delivery, the dealer was operating on a skeleton crew. Everyone there felt a bit on edge like something big was about to go down and we were rushed through the delivery process and felt kicked out the gate once we signed on the dotted line. This gave us cause for concern and resulted in several issues with the trailer being overlooked (suppose we have ourselves to blame for this as you can never rely on a dealer to be transparent and honest). Once the excitement wore off and the fix-it projects began life got upended by COVID-19. The news would have you believe the world is coming to an end, but at least we have a trailer to show for it!

Sure, we're pretty much stuck in our driveway until our fearless leaders tell us that we're allowed back into the wilderness... But we've camped many nights, ate meals, played board games, etc. We're still enjoying our investment. I've been busy working out all the bugs. So, when it's finally time to take the trailer on it's maiden voyage, everything should be pretty well dialed in.

My biggest concern after three weeks of ownership is taking an unnecessary loan during what looks like is turning into an economic meltdown. If hyper-inflation ensues, we're up a creek. Then we'll feel like fools. Until then, we love our new trailer.
    You’re only “stuck in your driveway” if you have the mindset that you have to be in a campground with full hookups, or as we call it “pretend” camping.

Utah has some amazing dry camping locations.
    Buy a generator and just go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good advice above. Just watching the news and seems like the current government environment is moving toward "less heavy handed" controls on movement. Not here to debate is this "good or bad", just an observation. New owners have an opportunity to learn about their RV prior to hitting the road.
    When I bought this 2020 GK-R, it was delivered to my KOA RV site. I did not have my new ordered truck due to a delay with the GM strike. I stayed in one spot the first 2 months we hadthe RV. This time gave my wife and I time to adjust to an RV, read the owner's manual (x 2-3 times)and finish up ordering all the equipment, etc we needed. It helped us when the truck came and we "hit the road".
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otg-family View Post

You only live once - enjoy the ride. We got our dream rig last year - no regrets, even though our first trip of this year got cancelled. Of course we got a season of camping in with it. My granddaughter loves the rig and camping with us, and our grandson can't wait to go this year. Remember, every day is the best day of your life, and spending it with loving family makes it even better!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    You’re only “stuck in your driveway” if you have the mindset that you have to be in a campground with full hookups, or as we call it “pretend” camping.

Utah has some amazing dry camping locations.
    Buy a generator and just go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is so true. As far as I can tell, all BLM land (except in California) is still open for disbursed camping. Check your local BLM site for updates.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now sitting under the awning reading this forum. Yup we're camping in the backyard again and enjoying every minute of it. Making the best of a bad situation.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Right now sitting under the awning reading this forum. Yup we're camping in the backyard again and enjoying every minute of it. Making the best of a bad situation.
    Happy for you! Every night this week we’ve received an inch or two of snow, melted by noon the next day. Last night, more like 4-6, with no sun today to melt it. Glad our trailer is in a building right now! We’ll enjoy ours once we’re able to get her home! Burn a log for us while you’re at it!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased in Oct 2019 == used it once ... then parked it for the winter -- we were supposed to go away for easter -- but sadly we are camping in our driveway -- which by the way was great because we were able to identify some warranty issues and have them dealt with immediately from our dealers mobile tech so there was a very silver lining -- had we gone away we would have had no hot water, a squeaky furnace motor and a cabinet wall falling on us
    so ya, it may suck to have to driveway camp, but at least we dont have to store it elseware and not have any access ...
    some advice to you, contact GD immediately and explain your situation, we were able to extend our warranty on our previous unit (Momentum 21G) due to not being able to use it for 3 months as it sat in the shop waiting for parts... so you never know == if enough people ask, they may just extend the warranty by a couple of months.... all they can do is say NO -- never hurts to ask.... I am going to
    Happy COVID camping ......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast