User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covid-19 mortality

I present these facts with no conclusion. Draw your own.

• Automobile fatalities in the US - 12.28 per 100K (source NSC)
    • Heart attack fatalities in US - 10% mortality (source CDC)
    • High cholesterol morbidity - 4.5% of world population (source WHO)
    • Covid-19 mortality rate in US - .056 per 100K (source wikipedia)
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2018 there were 39,404 automobile deaths in the US (NSC). So far there have been over 50,000 deaths in the US from the virus. Somethings off with your math.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my math. Just using published figures.

If there is confusion, perhaps it is because of the way that statistics are compiled and compared. Did I ever tell you about the man who drowned in a river with an average depth of 6 inches?

My guess is that the auto numbers are factored against registrations and the covid numbers are against the total population.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50k deaths against 870k known cases.

That is about 5.7% mortality rate. The number of actual cases is likely much higher due to extremely poor testing in the USA (which would push down the mortality rate). The rate of cases and deaths is not slowing down yet though, so that 50k number is going to continue to grow, just a matter of by how much. This is also in a 4 month period, not a whole 12 month window. Only history will tell what the final toll was - but it is not good and likely could have been lower with a better national response quicker.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing to compare ... auto accidents-heart-High cholesterol have been compiling these numbers for many years ... Covid 19 ... 30 days 50,000 dead ... last three days deaths reported 2683-2358-2342 leveling off ? going down ? I hope so ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are yearly totals. Lets wait until Feb 2021 and see what the yearly total is for Covid.
    Imagine what the deaths from all those would be without restrictions. No seatbelts, no cholesterol drugs, no vaccines, not social distancing or stay at home rules.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One big difference between facts 1,2 and 3 v. fact 4 - 1,2,3 is a choice you make based on daily life activities or is an outcome that does effect anyone else. For fact 4 that is not the case, it is an unseen disease and spread person to person with or without showing symptoms from the affected individual. People are so selfish because if they were sick they would go out anyway without regard to other's health. I see so many people without masks on because they think they are not protected or are well. Bottom line, if everyone wears a mask, inherently you are protected and if you are well; great, wear a mask anyway.

As sucky as this time has been, by opening parks, beaches, etc. up again - I feel we just reset the clock. I get it that people are bored and having economical struggles, and in my local news reports are saying to lift this because "we have not seem the impact like what was projected". Well, no duh! Because of the measures and as Goducks mentioned, think if restrictions were not put into place!!! As a country, let's not get 85% to the finish line and give up because we will get to do this stay home for 6 weeks again.

I know I stirred the pot but, this is my frustration and opinion. When you have a loved one dying alone in the hospital and you cannot be there to comfort, everyone then will take this seriously. Happened to someone I know, not my immediate family; however, gives you great pause to think about the situation because that could be you too in that hospital bed.

Good news! There is hope, my wife works for a pharm company and all the big companies are working together/sharing info for treatments and working on potential vaccines. They are all contributing and running many parallel paths, so if the Hydroxychloroquine or some thing else works or is promising, there could be a way to fast track clinic trails all over the country with many sample groups.

Here is a good website, I think, that has good resolution to the Covid data by state.
    https://covidtracking.com/data
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post

I know I stirred the pot but, this is my frustration and opinion. When you have a loved one dying alone in the hospital and you cannot be there to comfort, everyone then will take this seriously. Happened to someone I know, not my immediate family; however, gives you great pause to think about the situation because that could be you too in that hospital bed.

Good news! There is hope, my wife works for a pharm company and all the big companies are working together/sharing info for treatments and working on potential vaccines. They are all contributing and running many parallel paths, so if the Hydroxychloroquine or some thing else works or is promising, there could be a way to fast track clinic trails all over the country with many sample groups.

Here is a good website, I think, that has good resolution to the Covid data by state.
    https://covidtracking.com/data
    I don't think you stirred the pot, but gave people something to think about (how they personally respond) as restrictions are lifted.
    We lost a close friend to the virus and understand the frustrations.

Thanks for the link.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son works for an extraordinarily reliable source, and their internal guidance upon which they base research decisions includes:

“There is less than 50% chance of a usable vaccine at any time in the future.

There will in all likelihood be a second peak in the fall of 2020 that will be significantly larger and deadlier than the spring 2020 peak.

There will in all likelihood be a third peak in the spring of 2021 which will result in a similar infection rate to the 2020 spring total, but a lower mortality rate because of the high mortality rate of the 2020 fall season.

There is no reason to believe that recovered patients will remain immune for more than a few months.

Recovered patients may be especially vulnerable to complications upon a second infection due to lung injury suffered in the first infection.

Identifying mutation rates is an extremely important facet of planning response.”

Scary stuff.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this post on here. I see enough of this on the news. I don’t come here for this. Sorry jmho. How do u report a post
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast