Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had initially pulled the trigger on a Keystone Montana 3120RL based on price being less than the Solitude. I kept walking the dealership's shop and noticed that Keystones in the shop outnumbered GD by 3-4 to 1. That have me concerned and while performing a pre-delivery walk-thru, the air conditioners would not cool - and we were under the shop roof out of direct sunlight on an 80 degF day. Refrig was not cooling and the slide were having issues. Plus they did not install the correct slide toppers but that was a dealership issue. So, with those concerns, we cancelled the contract on the Montana and decided to go with GD. So far, happy we went with GD even though the 310GK was a little more expensive.

Side by side, the 3120RL and 310Gk shows nearly identical; however, 9 months into GD ownership, only had cosmetic issues that I fixed. It will go into the shop soon, the bedroom door is slightly wrapped but still functional and closes. I bet they replace it and the few other minor items.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 05-14-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&Lcamping View Post
    We looked at Keystone, Forest River products, 47 different TT's but overall GD had the best support, quality etc.. like many have said, do the research, (I had a spreadsheet), sit in them and make a decision based on the data you gather. I went GD, My brother Forest River, his has been in the shop 5 weeks, ours, zero.
    My Reflection was just in the "shop" for 4 weeks. My FR Rockwood was in the shop for 3 days total. I'm not sure how you do "research" with no hard data provided by manufacturers but ok. I also don't know what the expression "quality" means. Quality to me is putting out a consistently well assembled product using good materials. I don't think ANY manufacturer is doing that, it's a crap shoot anytime you buy a new RV. You can have a couple of issues or you can have 20 issues. Like I said it's pretty pathetic when a decision to buy a particular brand is based on them backing their product. Can you imagine buying a certain car because the manufacturer will back it's product and fix problems under warranty? LOL. After you purchase an RV warranty work becomes the total responsibility of the purchaser. Any transporting, fuel costs, lost time, tolls, wear and tear on the tow vehicle and aggravation are heaped upon the new owner. The problem with the industry is they don't care if the purchaser has to make 10 trips to the dealer for warranty work because they got the RV out the door in record time. Add to that the number of owners that are willing to fix problems themselves, accept shoddy workmanship or just give up.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 05-15-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is probably safe to say that no one is applying the scientific method here. This is anecdotal based on one's own observation, experiences, and preferences - all very justified, all a personal choice and certainly not pathetic.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    It is probably safe to say that no one is applying the scientific method here. This is anecdotal based on one's own observation, experiences, and preferences - all very justified, all a personal choice and certainly not pathetic.
    I didn't say your opinion or the way you expressed it was pathetic, nor would I. I said it's pathetic that a "plus" to buying a particular brand is that they fix stuff under warranty. To me, it is just about to the point that the absurdity of the Industry is funny, in the end GD will fix your problems. I like my TT despite the problems, GD knows how to make an interior look upscale. Buyers should know what they are getting into, all brands have problems. Personally I wouldn't want someone coming here for info to think they are going to buy a GD and have no problems. GD's workmanship is ok, I wouldn't say it's better than a similarly priced unit from someone else.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234