User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310GK: Access to the enclosures next to the sofa

A question for 310-GK owners. I think this may be specific to that model; ours is a 2018.

I'm trying to route ham antenna cables and heavy 12 VDC wires to the rear of our rig. I'm wondering what is inside the two wood enclosures on the sides of the sofa that currently seem to house only one 120 VAC outlet in each, and particularly if anyone has opened one of them up and if so, how? I'm probably going to come up through the floor right at the back, and can do it under the sofa, but would prefer to do it in one of those enclosures.

Thanks,
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al

I do not have the 310. If your 120v recept's are on the bottom of the end tables there is a bottom to the stand above the recept , then the floor under that.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I peeked into mine by removing the 120v outlet (simple enough - snap off the faceplate and loosen 2 fastening screws). I didn't see anything in there. The second part of your question seems more complex (how does one remove the "end table" to get inside) (or make the top hinged for maybe magazine storage)? For sure I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following....although Dave is planning to use the washer closet as his shack

On our previous Reflection 303 he went from the bottom into the end table, which is where the power supply lived

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    A question for 310-GK owners. I think this may be specific to that model; ours is a 2018.

I'm trying to route ham antenna cables and heavy 12 VDC wires to the rear of our rig. I'm wondering what is inside the two wood enclosures on the sides of the sofa that currently seem to house only one 120 VAC outlet in each, and particularly if anyone has opened one of them up and if so, how? I'm probably going to come up through the floor right at the back, and can do it under the sofa, but would prefer to do it in one of those enclosures.

Thanks,
    -Al
    Hello Al, on our 2018 310GK, one side opened itself up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180911_125616.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	17896

In looking inside, there is nothing but the wire for the outlet. The space is open. I could see the side wall, rear wall and floor. The enclosure is just one side and a front and top piece. As for taking the side off, it looks like it was (poorly) stapled onto a bit of the cabinet frame. You can see some of the staples in my picture. You might see if you can pry up an edge or try a large suction cup like they use to handle sheets of glass (possibly rent one?) and just pull hard.

Good luck

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-25-2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Tried to rotate picture. No luck.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Hello Al, on our 2018 310GK, one side opened itself up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180911_125616.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	17896

In looking inside, there is nothing but the wire for the outlet. The space is open. I could see the side wall, rear wall and floor. The enclosure is just one side and a front and top piece. As for taking the side off, it looks like it was (poorly) stapled onto a bit of the cabinet frame. You can see some of the staples in my picture. You might see if you can pry up an edge or try a large suction cup like they use to handle sheets of glass (possibly rent one?) and just pull hard.

Good luck

Chris
    Belated thanks, Chris. I've been away from the forum a while. I ended up mounting the stuff on the floor under the sofa. I realized that even if I did mount things (in this case, a fuse panel for the 12V to the ham radio and accessories), I wouldn't be able to easily maintain it. So... on the floor, and I just have to protect it from other stuff stored under there.
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    Following....although Dave is planning to use the washer closet as his shack

On our previous Reflection 303 he went from the bottom into the end table, which is where the power supply lived
    Kay, I I didn't know you and Dave got a new trailer! Congrats. I remember Dave's install in the back, beside the couch. I look forward to seeing his new shack at some point. He does nice work.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Belated thanks, Chris. I've been away from the forum a while. I ended up mounting the stuff on the floor under the sofa. I realized that even if I did mount things (in this case, a fuse panel for the 12V to the ham radio and accessories), I wouldn't be able to easily maintain it. So... on the floor, and I just have to protect it from other stuff stored under there.
    Glad you found a location that works for you.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-29-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023