Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 320G Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320G Questions

Hi!

New to the forum and looking to become an owner of a 320G and was hoping to get questions answered.

1. We're moving from a travel trailer and concerned about storage since we're losing the bed of the truck (w/ a rolling tonneau). Can any owners let me know if they have storage issues. I can't even find a place to put our large folding zero gravity chairs since we'd be using the garage as a bedroom

2. What are folks towing this with. I have 17 F350 Powerstroke SRW. I ran the numbers and if I keep the bed empty I'm good on pin weight.

3. We missed this on the walkthrough..Where do you put the sewer hoses? I did not see a bumper holder and I really didnt crawl underneath at the dealership.

4. Anyone know why they discontinued the 3 season garage wall? Looks like the early 2019s had one and now in 2020 its not even an option.

Any help appreciated!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. They should fit in the pass through.

2. Did you see the actual pin weight of the unit you are looking to buy? The advertised pin weight is just an average of what comes offline, and does not even include a battery or propane on board. It will go up.

3. They all have plastic sewer hose holder mounted underneath.

4. They did not discontinue 3 season wall. It is still an option. Look on the GD website under theh "build and price" tab.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I modified the wall in the pass through storage area. It is angled and wastes a lot of space. Also, we keep our chairs under the bed in the front bedroom. Tons of storage space there.
    2. We tow with the exact model of truck and it does great.
    3. They have have sewer hose holder and I added one more that I purchased from Amazon.
    4. The 3 season door for the 2020 model is a new version that has glass windows. We really like ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
    1. I modified the wall in the pass through storage area. It is angled and wastes a lot of space. Also, we keep our chairs under the bed in the front bedroom. Tons of storage space there.
    2. We tow with the exact model of truck and it does great.
    3. They have have sewer hose holder and I added one more that I purchased from Amazon.
    4. The 3 season door for the 2020 model is a new version that has glass windows. We really like ours.

Thanks!

Your response is timely I think we might pull the trigger this weekend on the 320G. Since you have the same truck, what hitch did you go with. I'm getting all sorts of recommendations on the Ford forum. One guy I've been trading emails with swears by the 75 pound anderson and said works great. Others are warning me that I really need a slider.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Thanks!

Your response is timely I think we might pull the trigger this weekend on the 320G. Since you have the same truck, what hitch did you go with. I'm getting all sorts of recommendations on the Ford forum. One guy I've been trading emails with swears by the 75 pound anderson and said works great. Others are warning me that I really need a slider.
    We are using the Anderson Ultimate hitch. It is very lightweight and easy hook up. I have read a lot of the same discussions about needing a slider. It is true that you will not get to a 90 degree turn but the angled front of the 320G helps a lot. We have pulled over 2300 miles so far and visited 7 campgrounds without issue. Just pay attention when you are back into your spots and you'll be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

That's two votes for the Anderson now..

Music to my ears...I really do not want to think about how I am going to install and remove a 175 pound slider. I read they disassemble, but still a two person job. I need my truck bed when we're not camping. We plan on doing quite a bit of weekend trips. Anderson sounds like the clear winner since it saves me weight and money.

Any Towing/Chocking issues? Also, did you possiblly do any steep grade/elevation towing in those 2300 miles?

We do one 3 weeker a year out west from Ohio. So, crossing through the Rockies. We're spoiled with our lighter travel trailer and ProPride Hitch.

The unit I am looking at does not have the 3 season garage wall, they said they could order it but the dealership is charging premium to install, so may add later. There are around 40 320Gs for sale out there across the country and maybe one had the wall option. Probably for the changeover from the plastic window version.

Sorry for all the questions, we're like ready to buy today and it would be great to work the hitch into the deal..or not if it is not a slam dunk decision.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last trip was from Evansville IN to Luray VA and back. There are some 7% grades on that trip. The truck and camper did great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Last question ..I promise. Which Anderson hitch did you get? Looks like there are two types...I'm thinking now to buy and install myself and have them install the receiver as part of the prep.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Great! Last question ..I promise. Which Anderson hitch did you get? Looks like there are two types...I'm thinking now to buy and install myself and have them install the receiver as part of the prep.
    This is the one I have. Also, pay attention to make sure the pin box does not hit the sides of your truck bed. I had to put the receiver to the rear of the king pin on the 320G.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-20_13-14-21.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	21492

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Just got back. Pulled the trigger on the 320G and Anderson hitch you have. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast