Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing Mistake?

This is my time winterizing our 320G and I got in a hurry and winterized it before I read the Nautilus manual. I think maybe I made a couple of mistakes.

1. I did not blow air through the lines first. Is this a big deal? I used 5 gallons of antifreeze and got antifreeze out of every faucet, shower and toilet.
    I have had several campers in the past and have not blown them out with air.

2. I did not turn the handles on the nautilus panel 45 degrees while pumping antifreeze. What is the purpose of this step?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I will preface by saying I live in Raleigh, NC and I am not exposed to extreme temperatures, but I have owned an RV for years and never blew air, only used antifreeze. I have NEVER had an issue.

I'd say key is being sure to do hot and cold lines, see plenty of pink. Don't forget spray ports and washing machine. Empty the hot water heater.

So, sample of one, in less than frigid conditions, but I'd say you're fine.
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-28-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
    2. I did not turn the handles on the nautilus panel 45 degrees while pumping antifreeze. What is the purpose of this step?Thank you.
    This will be useful:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ll=1#post90484
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Thank you. I think I may buy a few more gallons of antifreeze and start over. I think that not turning the valves 45 degrees has probably left some water in the lines going to the fresh water tank and to the hot water heater.