Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear it is a buyer's market for purchasing an RV

My brother-in-law's favorite dealer told him they were down 50% in sales compared to last year. Anyone else hearing the same?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredakers View Post
    My brother-in-law's favorite dealer told him they were down 50% in sales compared to last year. Anyone else hearing the same?
    I'm surprise. High prices plus really high interest rates. Plus, many non-RVers were buying RVs during Covid. I bet only half of those non-RVers are still RVing.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were able to get a great price on a brand new 2023 280 RSL- we were just starting to look at what was available & really had no intention on buying on until the spring- but the offer was too good to pass up.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I'd want a rig built since covid. Next year looks better,
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I'm surprise. High prices plus really high interest rates. Plus, many non-RVers were buying RVs during Covid. I bet only half of those non-RVers are still RVing.
    Just think about all those new CGs that went, or are going, up to support those "covid era campers". The more scarier part IMO are the high dollar loans for RV and vehicle purchases that took place to support that time period which could see alot of defaults as well. Just watched "The Big Short" about the housing market crash of 2008. One wonders what kind of big over-valued purchased long-term payoff RV and TV loans are out there...?

Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everything out there now is over inflated in price since COVID. RV's, vehicles, houses,etc. Record credit card debit, record number of defaults on vehicle loans, etc. There will a lot of good prices on RVs coming available but don't know that I would want one built during COVID, quality was never good on RVs and it went into tank during COVID when they were cranking so many out of factories at record numbers. People think they may getting a good deal but had better compare prices to pre COVID prices to see if it's really a good deal.