Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holding tank valves

So we are a couple months out from getting back on the road for 30 month/ 45 state trip and I'm thinking about replacing a couple of the tank side valves as 2 of them are getting kinda stiff to push and pull. I think for the low cost of doing it before a problem comes up while boondocking someplace is more than worth while. So anyone replaced them on a 2017 369RL ? I'm trying find tank & valve locations as I would also like to put removable panels in those areas in the under skirting as well as what type / brand / model of the valves are used in my model.
    Thanks for any advice folks 🙂

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to granddesignrv.com to look up parts for your RV. Follow the menu to owner support, then to service and warranty where you will be able to look up the parts you want.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firedreamer2 View Post
    So we are a couple months out from getting back on the road for 30 month/ 45 state trip and I'm thinking about replacing a couple of the tank side valves as 2 of them are getting kinda stiff to push and pull. I think for the low cost of doing it before a problem comes up while boondocking someplace is more than worth while. So anyone replaced them on a 2017 369RL ? I'm trying find tank & valve locations as I would also like to put removable panels in those areas in the under skirting as well as what type / brand / model of the valves are used in my model.
    Thanks for any advice folks 🙂
    Before you go wholesale on the valves have you tried lubricating the cables to free then up? If you take a baggie and a rubber band you could make a funnel to pour cable lube into that will then siphon down the cable. After a couple days work them to see if they loosened up for you. Another bugaboo is the length and routing of the cables. If there are sharp bends or excessive length they become difficult over time. In my case the tank drain cables are no better than the electrical or plumbing in routing and length under the deck and frame.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, both good ideas and I will try both. It's just we have been FT for almost 4.5 yrs now and while l'm not sure of the life span of the valves I figured it was probably getting close so why not swap them out for new before heading back out on the road for several years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm full time also 4.5 years. Replaced my black tank valve with a Valterra electric one. Love it. No more stiff cable problem. I installed it about 8 months ago and its been flawless. Planning the same for the other tanks as needed.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I was thinking about possibly going with elec