Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curt BetterWieght towing scale

Has anybody used one of these? Truck scales are quit a few miles from me and out of the. Reading the reviews it looks pretty good. I watch E-Trailer's video looks pretty accurate. I believe though it will not weigh the trailer axels.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckog View Post
    Has anybody used one of these? Truck scales are quit a few miles from me and out of the. Reading the reviews it looks pretty good. I watch E-Trailer's video looks pretty accurate. I believe though it will not weigh the trailer axels.
    There's been a few discussions on here about it. If you do a search you should be able to find a few threads. I could be wrong but I don't think it was fully accurate. I don't remember people stating how great it was. I could be wrong. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any quarries, grain shipping or fruit rendering businesses near you? I have a local stone quarry that leaves their scale on through the weekend that I have used after asking. Also there is an apple cider processing plant that leaves the scale on. both will weigh within 10# accuracy.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an entire post on the Better Weight under Towing, Hitching and Maneuvering section. I have one and was very impressed. It showed the truck weight under 9000lbs. When I weighted the truck it was 8450. Weighted the trailer while taking it to storage (basically empty) and the total weight was just over 19000lbs. This would make the trailer around 11450lbs. When we get it out of storage I'll take it to the scales and see how close it was.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel