User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Dodd RV in Yorktown, VA. I cant say the same about their sales department. We wanted to purchase there, but the sales people wouldn't return my calls or emails. I was willing to give their service department a shot when I needed it since I was right down the road from them, glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We haven't been there for service (had very bad service at Dodd Portsmouth), but I had a similar experience trying to buy my 2014 Reflection and then again with the 2019 Solitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it to an independent service shop (one that doesn't sell any RVs preferred). It means you pay them and then get re-imbursed, but GD is pretty quick about it.

Take it in
    Repair shop provides estimate
    They call (or you can) GD for pre-approval. IMPORTANT...pre-approval
    GD approves
    You pay
    Submit to GD
    Get check

Took about 9 days intil my check came. Upside, I earned 2% on my credit card in reward cash.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2970RL. We had a similar fan issue while we were boiling water. When I removed the screen from the fan, I noticed that the fan blade had gotten so hot that one of the blades had warped so that the fan wouldn't turn. Went to a camper supply store and they had a replacement.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to be a very reoccurring thing in the US. In Canada I have been able to take our 320MKS to any dealer and have had zero issues with getting my rig fixed...warranty or not. Good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would make a few phone calls and find a place to do the work now. It may take up to 2-3 months to get the AC. Ask me how I know! At least get it ordered.
    Or better yet, find a good mobile tech to come out and do it. (my AC is being covered by warranty and coming from Dometic, which is part of the delay. You can
    order off of ebay and get one delivered for a reasonable price in about a week.)
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hood Vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Well, good news!! I removed the filter cover below the hood vent, in order to begin troubleshooting. I immediately found the rubbery mesh "filter" had become loosened from its retainers and got sucked in to the fan. Easy fix, just need to locate some of this filter material, and bent the retainers to better hold the mesh.

Glad and lucky t wasn't something more serious. But it does show - in RV living, its always something!!

Thanks!
    Steve
    I had the same issue with the same fix!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I dont have a vent hood, so just throwing ideas out. I imagine a single source comes into the hood, so it's either a loose wire, bad switch or bad fan. I'm assuming both are 12v, and most likely share a common fuse. A multimeter would be helpful in troubleshooting if you have one available.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It sounds like the vent hood setup we had in our 2016 Reflection... and I agree with @FT4NOW - probably a bad switch or fan motor (unfortunately, with it just stopping like that, I'd bet on the fan motor). Good luck.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Grand Design and get a authorization number and let them know you are on the road. They will tell you to find a repair shop to fix your issues. Does not have to be a rv place. Could be a regular trailer repair shop or a mobile unit that come in to your rv park and fix it. Key is to call them first and then find someone to fix it. GD will either reimburse you or the repair shop but they need to know if the repair cost are not exuberant. So you need to have the shop give you the bid or labor costs. GD is very good at giving u the go ahead to get it fix where ever you can find a legitimate repair shop that does that work. The main problem is finding anyone that will get to your issues within a reasonable timeframe. Most will have you a month or more out before they can fix your rv. I was lucky and found a trailer place that builds and works on all trailers who also does rvs. They were able to get me in for non warranty work in two days and the work done in 1 day. So places exist out there but hard to find. Rv dealers and their repair shops are way over booked. So search the web for repair places in your area and start calling them. Its real frustrating finding someone, but with covid 19 and all the people buying rvs, this is the way it is for a while. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the bring on process is that easy for me!! I can't imagine the warranty work would take too long, not sure about the non warranty work (adding new AC, if one is available, it was not when we made the purchase).
    It is not that big of a deal to install the second Air Conditioner because the camper is pre-wired for the second A/C. A competent RV Tech should be able to install a new A/C in one to two hours. The big thing is to ensure the A/C is at the Dealer and they commit to getting the coach back to you the same day.

You might consider getting a Mobile RV Tech to install your second A/C unit, they might be charge you less than the Dealer for the second A/C.
    Last edited by SolarPoweredRV; 12-06-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning!!

Was boiling some water not he stovetop this morning, and had the light and fan turned on. A few minutes later, I heard the fan stop, literally just stopped. Light still works, fan does not. Where do I begin to troubleshoot this?

Another question regarding warranty work. We bought our rig (new) in Oregon, at the time we lived in the Seattle area, July 2020. We have since taken our maiden voyage in the trailer and completed a pretty successful cross country tour - 2-1/2 months!!!

We are now in Central Florida and we're living in the trailer while we do some updating on our sticks & bricks home. We expect to be back in the house in late December, at which time I'd ike to get some warranty work done to the rig. It's not a long punch list, but things we want fixed, while its still under warranty. We also want to add an AC unit for the bedroom of our 2670MK. Exactly what is the process to get warranty work done from a dealer where I didn't make the purchase? Do I need to contact GD in Indiana first? Just call the dealer?? Just not sure of the process?

Thanks again!!
    You may be waiting a long time for an AC. Mine has been at the dealer since July waiting on an AC.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast