Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

390rkr generator noise?

We are considering moving into a 390rkr with the Onan generator. For the times we are not on shore power and need to run the generator at night for a/c or heat how loud is it in the bedroom with the generator basically right below you? I know we will need a generator to run the res refer on the road but would a better option be to run a stand alone generator and place is towards the back of the rig?
    Just thinking out loud here and looking for feedback. Obviously we would prefer shore power more times than not but for the few instances we needed to boondock is the Onan going to be unbearable? How important is it to run the refer while traveling with the generator? Can this be done with battery power?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    We are considering moving into a 390rkr with the Onan generator. For the times we are not on shore power and need to run the generator at night for a/c or heat how loud is it in the bedroom with the generator basically right below you? I know we will need a generator to run the res refer on the road but would a better option be to run a stand alone generator and place is towards the back of the rig?
    Just thinking out loud here and looking for feedback. Obviously we would prefer shore power more times than not but for the few instances we needed to boondock is the Onan going to be unbearable? How important is it to run the refer while traveling with the generator? Can this be done with battery power?
    Our experience with our 381 is it's not very loud at all, and just becomes background noise. Unless you're sensitive to noise, you shouldn't be bothered by it. My disclaimer is after 20 years in the service, I can sleep through anything.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Our experience with our 381 is it's not very loud at all, and just becomes background noise. Unless you're sensitive to noise, you shouldn't be bothered by it. My disclaimer is after 20 years in the service, I can sleep through anything.

John
    I agree with John, I've run mine overnight before and it does become white noise, actually hums me to sleep lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff