User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out wanting to see a Glendale Titanium (several years before we bought). After attending MANY RV shows and doing a lot of online research, we got it narrowed down to a Keystone Cougar. We wanted the smallest fifth wheel we could get, and the Cougar had an almost identical floorplan as the Reflection 26RL. The difference, the "Ah-ha!" moment was when we realized that the Reflection just "felt" more home-like. And the Cougar finishes just seemed cheaper.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralMichBo View Post
    We were looking at a Jayco as we had really good luck with our old Jayco unit and didn't like our current Keystone Avalanche. Then we went to a show and sat in a Reflection 337 and went - WOW - everything we wanted, a great floor plan, good fit and finish - only drawback was a brand new Company (January 2014 was when we went). The price was right and we just decided to go with it - loved our decision and just bought a new Grand Design - didn't even consider another company.
    I also looked at keystone avalanche. It’s the 385 toy hauler. What didn’t you like?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Reflection and were looking to upgrade to a bit larger and something with a bed slide. We drove all over central Texas looking at everything we could find in the 35' class of mid grade fivers and spent hours sitting alone in our few favorites and discussing likes / dislikes. Our moment came when my wife saw the linen interior. Several trips , over 30 days and 6000 miles later we still feel we made the correct choice.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the bug to get back into camping about 2 years ago. Started looking at travel trailers of all brands and the Imagine just looked sooo much nicer and well built. Had that for about a year and a half but wanted more sleeping room so got the bug for a fifth wheel, didn't even consider any other brand. I'm embarrassed to admit I only had the Reflection 28BH a few months and all my camping cohorts moved away. I had looked at the 375RES when I got the Reflection but wasn't ready for that yet. I finally decided this fall to buy my retirement truck and trailer and start preparing for full timing in a few years. The dually and the 375 are the ultimate package in my eyes, love them!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at Arctic fox 32a but couldn't get delivery fast enough. I was looking at GD back when I bought my FW so that is why it bought this one.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at Landmark and Redwood... went with Solitude.....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Floridians View Post
    I also looked at keystone avalanche. It’s the 385 toy hauler. What didn’t you like?
    We didn't have the toy hauler - it was a two slide - rear kitchen - I forget the model number now. It wasn't that it was a terrible unit - just seemed to nickel and dime me. I had a lot of water heater problems - high limit switches - noisy water pump - just small items - as I was approaching retirement, we wanted to get a bigger unit (slide wise) and better interior. The rear kitchen was less than desirable with the bouncing around. Pluses was the countertops. The hutch, pantry and island is what sold us on the GD.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did our shopping online, never even stepped into a single 5th wheel to check them out. The wife found a floorplan that she liked and then I compared different manufactures that had the same basic floorplan and compared the important stuff. Weight, CCC, pin weight, fresh & waste tank sizes, & reviews. Jayco has a floorplan just like our 303rls for less $ but their tanks were smaller. So GD was the choice..everything we were looking for.
    We didn't even look at it before the purchase, the first time we saw it was when we picked it up.
    Probably not the smartest way to shop, but GD has a good reputation, and so far we're happy with it.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say 2 trips on new 372WB..... and I have nothing to take it in for. My previous Jayco was in multiple times...and a couple of items were never resolved...until I did it myself... thats dealer issues,,, not jayco...
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    We didn't even look at it before the purchase, the first time we saw it was when we picked it up.
    WOW! You didn't walk into a single GD trailer--none--prior to purchase? You sure saved a bunch of time! I think I walked through a hundred of all different shapes, sizes and configurations before the DW made up her mind.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast