Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bug Banner - front cap protection, sun shade, bug shield

https://buggbanner.com/

Anyone use this or anything like it?

I'd like to keep the sun off the dark paint of my cap when stationary and more importantly the bugs off the cap from traveling.

I know there is diamond shield like products but we had that on our newmar, not sure I'd pay for it again and it wouldn't do anything for the sun.

Anyone use this, seen it or otherwise have an opinion?
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was all set to buy one then my wife pocked me in my fat belly and said no way, I needed the exercise that scrubbing bugs gets me. Plus it's kind of like a zen meditation thing, bug off, wax on, bug off, wax on. You don't see the karate kid hanging precariously off of a ladder doing his wax on wax off thing, bug cleaning is so much better for me.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably works fine but I don't think I would use it travelling. My concern is more the sun while in storage.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a Bugg Banner about two months ago. We traveled through FL last year and the love bugs took a toll on the decal so we decided this was worth the investment. I worked with Preston and he was very responsive and helpful, even on the weekends. We ended up with two banners, one to leave on when stored and the other to travel with. Our though is to leave the one with their logo installed when stored since the sun would take a toll on it faster and we'd use the non logo'd banner to travel with. We've traveled a short distance with it and it stays tight on the cap. They have some pretty good videos and photos on their website showing how it works while traveling. Our unit is shown on their website it's in the first row second photo, black truck.

I would recommend getting a second person to help with the install. It was a bit trying installing it by myself with the wind fighting me, but I got it done.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 03/2018,
    Sailun 235/80/16 G Rated tires, TST507 TPMS,
    Titan electric / hydraulic Disc Brakes
    2015 Ford Platinum 6.7 Short Bed, B&W Turnoverball,
    Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc7903 View Post
    We just purchased a Bugg Banner about two months ago. We traveled through FL last year and the love bugs took a toll on the decal so we decided this was worth the investment. I worked with Preston and he was very responsive and helpful, even on the weekends. We ended up with two banners, one to leave on when stored and the other to travel with. Our though is to leave the one with their logo installed when stored since the sun would take a toll on it faster and we'd use the non logo'd banner to travel with. We've traveled a short distance with it and it stays tight on the cap. They have some pretty good videos and photos on their website showing how it works while traveling. Our unit is shown on their website it's in the first row second photo, black truck.

I would recommend getting a second person to help with the install. It was a bit trying installing it by myself with the wind fighting me, but I got it done.

Awesome, really appreciate your feedback. I'm going to get one.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's a pretty cool idea. And I'd be into it. But I'm not into it at $329. That's insanity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk