User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 303RLS with the second optional AC in the bedroom. I don't like to run the bedroom AC at night because of the noise which bothers me but also because I have a dog who sleeps on the floor at the foot of the bed and he has Epilepsy. He wears bells on his collar and with the AC on I can't hear his bells when he has a seizure which wake me so I can give him additional "rescue" medications to try and prevent him from having additional seizures, known as clustering.

I find that the bedroom will get hot from being small and with 2 people and a dogs body heat and the thermostat for the living room AC in the hallway. I put the living area AC on High Cool (not auto) at night and this keeps the air circulating even when the compressor is off and keeps the temperatures more even since both units are ducted together and either unit will cool the whole 5th wheel especially at night.

It does not hurt an AC to run continuously. Starting and stopping of the compressor puts the most wear on it.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just to add little question of my own I hope no one minds, is it better to keep on auto with regular temps or not to TIA
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2cents worth. We're camping in temps in the mid-90's.
    We ran only the living room AC thru the ac duct system and inside
    the trailer wouldn't get below 85. I opened up the vents on the unit itself
    and the air coming out felt colder than what was coming out of the ceiling
    vents.
    We're hoooked up to 30 amp service so I was afraid to run the 2nd, but turned it
    on anyway. I was able to run the 2nd ac with no issues and it made a huge difference.
    Temps inside dropped to 80 in just a few minutes.
    The ac units are the Coleman brand.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    My 2cents worth. We're camping in temps in the mid-90's.
    We ran only the living room AC thru the ac duct system and inside
    the trailer wouldn't get below 85. I opened up the vents on the unit itself
    and the air coming out felt colder than what was coming out of the ceiling
    vents.
    We're hoooked up to 30 amp service so I was afraid to run the 2nd, but turned it
    on anyway. I was able to run the 2nd ac with no issues and it made a huge difference.
    Temps inside dropped to 80 in just a few minutes.
    The ac units are the Coleman brand.
    when i tell people i can run both colemans on 30 amp they don't believe me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep ours at 80 in DFW area during summer. Plenty cool for us
    cycles on and off except in heat of day

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Weve had the best results by leaving them on cool high (not auto) and open the air dumps on all 3 when it is 90+ outside. When it's not as hot we leave it on cool high auto with the air dumps shut. If you think about the ducting it is in the "attic" which is probably hot during the summer with the sun beating down on the roof, so all that "cool" air in the ducting heats up. I have no proof, just my own theory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You are correct. The ducts are cut into the foam so now you only have a little foam above the duct to keep the heat off. By using the air dumps you are avoiding the heated ducts.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I have a 303RLS with the second optional AC in the bedroom. I don't like to run the bedroom AC at night because of the noise which bothers me but also because I have a dog who sleeps on the floor at the foot of the bed and he has Epilepsy. He wears bells on his collar and with the AC on I can't hear his bells when he has a seizure which wake me so I can give him additional "rescue" medications to try and prevent him from having additional seizures, known as clustering.

I find that the bedroom will get hot from being small and with 2 people and a dogs body heat and the thermostat for the living room AC in the hallway. I put the living area AC on High Cool (not auto) at night and this keeps the air circulating even when the compressor is off and keeps the temperatures more even since both units are ducted together and either unit will cool the whole 5th wheel especially at night.

It does not hurt an AC to run continuously. Starting and stopping of the compressor puts the most wear on it.
    Running continuously isn't good for it either. Excessive heat is a killer of electric/electronic components.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75DB3791-418F-498A-9609-00D9A28D4211.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	890.7 KB 
ID:	22657
    We’re in Palm Springs where it’s been 103f and a single AC with the Predator 3500 has been really good.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    So just to add little question of my own I hope no one minds, is it better to keep on auto with regular temps or not to TIA
    Really just personal preference. If its cooler out and they dont need to run much I'll use auto as it is quieter with nothing running. If they are constantly turning on and off then I'll take it off auto and let the fans run. I find it less distracting then the constant on/off.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123