Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grotts View Post
    Rob,

Thank you very much for the info. I will try filling the way you do next time, and see how that works. As for the stabilizers, I may invest in wheel chocks I have seen that goes between the tires and spreads out to stop all "fore and aft" movement. The ones I have now just go on the ground on each side of the tire.

Thanks Earl & Karen
    2018 Reflection 297 RSTS
    2013 F-150 Eco Boost
    Hi Earl,

I use the wheel chocks that spread out and lock the wheels. It helps a lot with the back and forth movement. You will still get the bounce but this makes things much more stable.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 297 and like some others we drop the stabilizers down before the slides go out, also the water tank fill till the last light on, never had a problem. for the bounce strongly suggest the tire chocks that go between the wheels like a scissors, they help a lot. I also installed Sumo Springs on the rig, and they help as advertised for driving with the added bonus of reducing movement when set up on a site. Best of luck and hope this helps a little.
    Bill

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. We just got our rig in April, used it all summer, and love it. Almost wish we lived more to the south to camp more.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thans for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfyukon View Post
    We have a 2019 297 and like some others we drop the stabilizers down before the slides go out, also the water tank fill till the last light on, never had a problem. for the bounce strongly suggest the tire chocks that go between the wheels like a scissors, they help a lot. I also installed Sumo Springs on the rig, and they help as advertised for driving with the added bonus of reducing movement when set up on a site. Best of luck and hope this helps a little.
    Bill
    Thanks Wolfyukon,

I have invested in the Scissor type chocks that go between the tires to help Fore and Aft movement. I will look in to the Sumo Springs. Did you have then installed or is it a DIY project? We probably won't do anything now until next spring, as this weekend will be our last camping trip this season.

Thanks
    Earl & Karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12