Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane gas feed for BBQ from the tanks from the tanks on the 5th wheel

Some trailers have a pipe from the on board propane tanks to put a quick conector feed to a gas BBQ it would be nice to have one our new 385th I looked and the piping is all on the street side I'm looking at when we get our new rig on Monday that being one of the things I want to add it looks like not to much work I will know Monday but a factory installed one would be nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to watch for on the propane supply line feeding the BBQ is the fact that the supply pressure will already be regulated (at the tanks). If your BBQ also has a regulator on it, by the time propane reaches the BBQ, pressure/volume might be too low for the BBQ to work properly. I had it happened to me on our last rig and I ended up having to use a separate tank anyway (unregulated) for the BBQ.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a tee off of the right side tank with a 12 extension hose. It works great for my outside BBQ.
    Jay and Betty
    Full Time RVer
    2018 Solitude 384GK
    2018 3500 GMC Denali DW Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one option but my BBQ don't have a regulator so I need to be on the low presser side of the trailer regulator I got to get the trailer here and look at it and figure it out

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too wanted a gas connection on the outside for a grill and my fire pit. I contact the company that makes the other quick connect fittings on my unit and got several quick connects and a 25 ft hose to boot. On my 369RL the company that supplied the fitting was MB Sturgis Inc, 555 Fee Fee Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
    (314) 291-6665. I installed a quick connect on the output of the low side regulator since my grill and fire pit do not have regulators. Works great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a solution

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	515wmzOFW2L.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	1185
    Wally

See my Mods in the VR/RV section of my web site:
    http://wally.x10host.com/

2014 Reflection 323 BHS.
    F250 XLT V10 6.8l

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wally2117 I wish I could see your jpg I'm not sure how to get access but I took the quick conect elbow off installed a T fitting reinstalled the quick conect ran black pipe around and over to curb side and installed another quick conect done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has a how to on doing this modification? I would love to do this to mine as I have a Camp Chef Stove and a fire pit that run on propane that I would like to just be able to run off my 30# tanks.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your Chef Stove and fire pit have built-in regulators then you can use this Marshall Excelsior (ME418P) Propane Adapter Tee on the right side propane bottle. Then you'll need a hose. I bought this one Camco 59043 12' Propane Extension Hose. It works great for my Coleman Trip BBQ stove.
    Jay and Betty
    Full Time RVer
    2018 Solitude 384GK
    2018 3500 GMC Denali DW Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Nobody has a how to on doing this modification? I would love to do this to mine as I have a Camp Chef Stove and a fire pit that run on propane that I would like to just be able to run off my 30# tanks.
    I just went to Camping world or Amazon. There are all kinds of adapters and tees out there to do anything you can imagine. You just need to know what fittings are on your accessories and whether they are regulated or not. I added a tee that goes between the 30# tank and the original connection hose that has two extra fittings on it. It came with a 12' hose that had the same fitting as the little disposable propane bottles so it plugged right into my Colman grill and works great. I didn't do a quick disconnect, but you certainly could. My hose comes out the bottom of the tank compartment but I just coil mine up when I'm not using it and strap it to the tank handle inside the compartment. Anything that's fed from a disposable propane bottle needs unregulated supply so its easy in that case.

Hope this helps...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast