User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAn I suggest this tip I use at home. Every summer it gets hot and the ants find their way into the sink, the counter everywhere. I bought those ant bait . One I used was Terro Liquid Ant Bait . It worked great putting it on the counter. The ants came to their death by the tens of thousands. Amazed attracted so many. Then got thinking, I don't want them IN the House as would not want them IN my RV. So I put them out side where I don't mind them going. I put on side of the house, and covered with a hollow cover or upside down ceramic pot or something so my dogs could not get into it. The Terro attracts the best for areas where can't help there being ants. So whenever I'm out in RV, and I see ants, I put a couple outside where I don't mind them being. It attracts them and I have a RV and Car free of ants.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Here's another tip:
    Put vaseline on all the cables, cords, and hoses that lead into the camper, that will keep them out.

Around the jacks, we use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. I'm often concerned when camping in state/national parks and using pesticides such as Raid or Home Defense. Make sure to check out the rules on using chemicals. However Diatomaceous Earth is a natural organic pest control measure.
    **If you'd like to try a really safe, non-toxic to human or animals treatment, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is worth a shot. We use this both around the house and RV. As I understand it, the powder dries out their exoskeletons and thus kills them. Can find this product at Lowe's.
    Diatomaceous Earth works great. What it is is basically sharp "consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled protist ( chrysophytes )" They are razor sharp and cut thru the exoskeletons. Have to keep it so no entry points Ants are smart and will find the weak points.
    I know it works because years ago had some guest come in from San Francisco, now the poo capital of the states, and bed bugs were on their luggage. They ended up in my living room. The only way got rid of them was Diatomaceous earth. And use a bait to draw them over. Bed bugs are fascinating beast bugs from Hell ! I used poisons, steam, more poison and spread D Earth in rugs etc. Reduced it. Only way to get rid of them was using bait. Beg buds can sense CO2 we breath . Thats the reason they will travel to another room to find us if we avoid that room we know they are in. So had to use bait. The bait, ME. I set up a cot with metal legs. Greased the legs and then spread DEarth all around the cot with me in it. Slept there at night for week. GONE. So I learned to attract ants to location you want them to go by placing ant bait in a location where you won't mind.
    So got two lessons. One for ants, Others those bugs directly from Hell. And yes, they were in my car since I picked them up. I heated my car up to 170F for four hours and burned them out. You do not want them in your house, your RV anywhere. I'm still in therapy for that ! LOL
    Last edited by jmrec100; 11-06-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12