Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under belly sag

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under belly sag

Is this amount of sag normal? The pictures are of the underbelly in the front and it sags about 3-4 inches. The back coroplast looks tighter and sags half as much. 2018 Solitude 373FB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0689.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	30558

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	30556
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0689.jpg   IMG_0693.jpg  
    Last edited by Avean777; 11-05-2020 at 08:10 AM. Reason: pics are upside down -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem excessive. Have you checked for water/moisture in there?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had about 4” to 6” sag on our 2930. Was road water getting up into underbelly between coroplast and foil. Push up on it and if it’s water it will squish out. Been back dealer twice for this. Really don’t know for sure ifthat’s the water source though. That’s what dealer says. Grand Design has agreed to extend warranty to cover it. Goes back again this next week to replace ripped lower slide seal. Just discovered that on our last trip. That could have contributed to water intrusion too. To replace seal they have to remove the entire slide. Out of one year warranty but fortunately Grand Design is paying for seal and working with us on labor. Not a happy camper!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled some of the coroplast and insulation and didn't find a leak but I found some water on the bottom of the insulation in a few areas. It rained heavily here last week and the winds were strong so it's possible some rain water got in between the coroplast and insulation.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything wrong with punching a small hole in the coroplast at its lowest point to let potential water drain out ? Also it would give you an immediate indication that you have water in there. I can't think of any problem with doing that unless a mouse wanted to jump up two feet directly into the small hole. I placed a hole in mine and wanted to know what others thought.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too bad GD doesn't install the colorplast like it was in my last TT. It was installed in 3 sections screwed into supports at the joints. Made it much easier to access a particular area and didn't sag.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Is there anything wrong with punching a small hole in the coroplast at its lowest point to let potential water drain out ? Also it would give you an immediate indication that you have water in there. I can't think of any problem with doing that unless a mouse wanted to jump up two feet directly into the small hole. I placed a hole in mine and wanted to know what others thought.
    Just patch the hole with duct tape when you're done. No problem.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    I did exactly that. No ill effects so far. 1/2" hole.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My whole underbelly dropped as I was driving down the road. I was not aware it happened for several miles. My wires for the brakes and others were shorted out. Lost my brakes and had to tow to a service area to fix the problem. Be careful if the sag is noticed. I would reinforce or go back to your dealer.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like you at the very least need more screws. We have had out underbelly down several times for various mods. I bought some #10 self-drilling screws like the ones they used and added them to the aluminum extrusion wherever there was a sag. Out in the middle mine had a couple of the same screws with large fender washers in various places screwed into the floor supports, but the coroplast was still ballooning. I added more as necessary. Its not too difficult with a cordless drill and a box of screws from Lowes (except under the drop frame where I'm too fat to fit!). Just don't accidentally drill through a wire or Pex pipe.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast