User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on making a decision! I hope you have a great time with the new camper, it definitely is a nice unit.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a solitude and a reflection in the shot it's ok, right?

So far, I know the heat is hot, and there are no leaks because it's had driving rain thrown at it from every direction. The tow from the dealer (Bill Thomas in Wentzville, we have had good experience so far) to the storage lot was about 25 miles in moderate rain, 4pm traffic, and a 20 mph crosswind. A couple things that put the rockwood over the top for us:

The U dinette has the removable folding table like the 2400 used to have. The dinette itself is huge, I'm only 5'8 but laying on it when the table top is down I had a couple inches of room at my head and feet. My kids are young (2 and 4) so we will probably be using the bottom bunk and dinette as beds for now.

The slide is as big as the 2400. With the murphy bed it has as much or more open floor space as a 2800bh.

I like the shorter length.

I like that the tank heat isn't a duct, it's electric pads on the tanks and dump lines. It seems that there are a number of complaints about the heat ducting on the 2400 and 2800.

I liked that it came standard with a max fan in the bathroom. I had a second one installed on the front. They move a lot more air than the little noise makers.

The passthrough isn't as big, but there are several others as seen in the pic, which helps me with organization.

I have to climb over/around the dinette and end of the counter, but I can access the entire trailer with the slide pulled in. Something you can't do in the 2400. I don't think my driveway is long enough to get the trailer in while at home to load without blocking the whole street while hitching and unhitching. It will largely be a pull up to the house, load up and go operation.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Went in a different direction

Man if I was only 5’8” who knows what I would have ended up with. Maybe even a conversion van! Being a giant limits me to only a handful of different RV’s.
    I envy the number of choices available to you!

Good luck with the FR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pilotpip - Great write-up! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    Too bad GDRV is no longer following this forum . . . they might learn a thing or two .

The reason that I am particularly interested, is that one of or our "potential plans" is to purchase a more permanent spot in Florida for snowbirding and downsize to a "traveling hotel room" for us and our pets on the way too/from Canada. The layout that you have chosen probably wouldn't be ideal for us, but I am interested in the other features that you describe.

I have heard that with the Murphy bed, you can't easily upgrade the mattress. Is this a potential problem?

Please keep us updated.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Too bad GDRV is no longer following this forum . . . they might learn a thing or two .

The reason that I am particularly interested, is that one of or our "potential plans" is to purchase a more permanent spot in Florida for snowbirding and downsize to a "traveling hotel room" for us and our pets on the way too/from Canada. The layout that you have chosen probably wouldn't be ideal for us, but I am interested in the other features that you describe.

I have heard that with the Murphy bed, you can't easily upgrade the mattress. Is this a potential problem?

Please keep us updated.

Rob
    Rob, I'm sure you and Cate have discussed a Class B like Linda and Jack did in addition to their Reflection. Deb and I have kicked that around as well but every time I get in my trailer and then compare it to a Class B I change my mind. they are definitely just for motoring and not for staying anywhere for more than a night, IMHO.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Rob, I'm sure you and Cate have discussed a Class B like Linda and Jack did in addition to their Reflection. Deb and I have kicked that around as well but every time I get in my trailer and then compare it to a Class B I change my mind. they are definitely just for motoring and not for staying anywhere for more than a night, IMHO.
    Paul and Rob - We also considered a Class B after the 337 burned. On the way home from the fire, we spent many hours discussing the pros and cons of a different RV. I'm pretty happy with our current choice, but Ginnie still laments not having the 337.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Please keep us updated.

Rob
    A 3" topper sounds like it's about the max it can take. That should be ok for us. Rockwood Ultra Lite 2609WS might be something to look at. I'd put the ultra light line somewhere in between the imagine and reflection TTs. We liked that floor plan but the weight put it firmly into 3/4 ton range for me. When we went with the F-150 we knew it was out. My inlaws just upgraded to the 2608BS from a jayco with the same floor plan as the imagine 2800BH. If you don't need the bunks, I think that's an awesome floor plan. Rear bedroom, mid bathroom, and you have a huge window in the living room/kitchen area at the front.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pilotpip: How is the Murphy bed working for you? I'd be interested in anything else you care to share about the Rockwood (good and bad) now that you've had it for a couple of months.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, Please stick around like others have said.
    Living the Dream with 3 plus me.
    2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2006 Silverado Z71

Follow my Shenanigans on Instagram!
    https://www.instagram.com/coogans_rv_life/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you do well with your Rockwood. A Rockwood Ultra Light 2706ws was one of our two finalists, the other being our Imagine 2800bh. The floorplans are nearly identical, the only difference is the wardrobe slide in the Rockwood.
    Two things swayed us to GD. First, the weight of the Rockwood. I had a half ton truck and the tongue weight and overall weight made me uneasy. Second, the heat vents are in the floor of the Rockwood. They looked like toe stubbers and doghair collectors to us.
    Anyway, good luck with the new camper.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast