User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Congrats. Made the right decision for your family. I too look forward to you hanging around and reporting on the Rockwood, we were interested in these as well.

Brian
    I like their use of an independent suspension on their TT, the floorplan and even the color choice which looks luxurious.
    Hopefully their build quality has improved since their motorhome days. My Dad had a Rockwood motorhome which literally fell apart.

I have to also give credit to Forest River when looking into their recall list which one is listed as a "Tire Rubbing Floor" recall. Hats off to them for correcting an issue that the Imagine line has with no planned recall.

http://www.arfc.org/rvs/forest_river/recalls.aspx
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 04-28-2019 at 06:39 AM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did anybody see the levee breach in St. Louis today next to the storage lot? Yeah. That's my storage lot. Luckily, we had plenty of time to get it out of there and the trailer is now at home.

We've been out on one 3 night trip with the kids. We had a little rain, a little snow, and a little nice weather in the 60s to cook outside and make some smores for the kids. They're 2 and 4 and had a blast (not rookies at all, they love going with grandma and grandpa). Went almost without a hitch. The extra space gained when the bed is folded up was a life saver when the weather was nasty one morning and we stayed in. Couches are comfy, and so is the U-Dinette. It's much bigger than the current one on the 2400.

The only two issues I had were I don't think I got a hose for the spray port next to the outdoor kitchen, and my new truck's traction control system got a little angry coming home and decided to check out about 20 miles from my front door. I think the E4 hitch and the ford trailer sway control didn't like each other, so I turned the electronics off. It tows great without it.

So far, everything works well. I did remove the internal water filter after seeing many problems with them on the forest river forum, and a couple other places. Easy to do. Also, the wires from the battery boxes, to the terminal blocks on the tongue were an absolute rat nest. I spent a nice afternoon untangling them, shortening some, and putting them into the flexible plastic conduit. I secured the conduit to the frame using heavy zip ties.

For the person that mentioned the ultra lite models, they're a little nicer. I'd put them on par with the reflection TTs rather than the imagine line. I did briefly look at one of those when I was considering a 3/4 ton truck, but they're almost $10k more than what I paid for the mini lite. The 2400BH was nearly the same. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase.

Someone asked about the murphy bed: with a 3" memory foam topper on it the wife and I found it comfortable. Set up and take down is easy, even with the added weight of the topper.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread update. One season into ownership and we spent 45 nights in it, including a week long trip to the U.P. near Pictured Rocks. Many of those nights were boondocking and now dry camping at the family hunting property near Lake of The Ozarks. I'd say the whole family was there for 35 of those nights. I started a new job recently so I don't expect to have as many days in it for 2020 but I am mulling a trip to Disney for the kiddos. Just trying to decide if I want to deal with the trailer, or blast down in the car and hotel it.

It tows great. After the last post, I've had no issues with my truck. I keep it under 70 and it runs happily down the highway.

We only have the 13,500 btu A/C which initially concerned me. After a couple days in the high 90s, it was ok. I might upgrade to a digital thermostat because I don't like the temp swing required for it to cycle on the analog one, especially when it's cold outside.

I will replace the crap stock tires with Goodyear Endurance, or Maxxis M8008s, etc. I'm not a fan of the current ones after seeing how flimsy they are when I was getting high pressure stems installed and having the wheels balanced. The balancing really improved towing.

Regardless of what you're looking at buying, do it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Thread update. One season into ownership and we spent 45 nights in it, including a week long trip to the U.P. near Pictured Rocks. Many of those nights were boondocking and now dry camping at the family hunting property near Lake of The Ozarks. I'd say the whole family was there for 35 of those nights. I started a new job recently so I don't expect to have as many days in it for 2020 but I am mulling a trip to Disney for the kiddos. Just trying to decide if I want to deal with the trailer, or blast down in the car and hotel it.

It tows great. After the last post, I've had no issues with my truck. I keep it under 70 and it runs happily down the highway.

We only have the 13,500 btu A/C which initially concerned me. After a couple days in the high 90s, it was ok. I might upgrade to a digital thermostat because I don't like the temp swing required for it to cycle on the analog one, especially when it's cold outside.

I will replace the crap stock tires with Goodyear Endurance, or Maxxis M8008s, etc. I'm not a fan of the current ones after seeing how flimsy they are when I was getting high pressure stems installed and having the wheels balanced. The balancing really improved towing.

Take it to Disney! Fort Wilderness is an excellent campground, probably the cleanest one with the friendliest staff you will find. Do a search online for Fort Fiends, it's a forum dedicated to Fort Wilderness, lots of great info there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Last TT was a 2015 Rockwood, had a total of 3 problems that were minor and corrected. Compared to the current TT with 20 problems it was a pleasure.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a solitude and a reflection in the shot it's ok, right?

So far, I know the heat is hot, and there are no leaks because it's had driving rain thrown at it from every direction. The tow from the dealer (Bill Thomas in Wentzville, we have had good experience so far) to the storage lot was about 25 miles in moderate rain, 4pm traffic, and a 20 mph crosswind.

I
    I know you will have a good experience with any warranty & service issues with Bill Thomas, we bought our GD there this past Feb. They have been WONDERFUL! Twice we have stopped in with our trailer in tow, unannounced no appointment to have them fix something that we thought would be a 5 minute fix. One fix was that fast, but the other, they had to pull the trailer into the service bays and keep it for a couple of hours to make the fix. We went to lunch & came back and were on the road to our camping trip! They have never said no, they make appointments and it has only been in the shop for a week or less for things. They do take care of their customers! You should have a wonderful experience there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bought our first Travel Trailer in 2011. A Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S. Owned it for three years and towed it all over the place without a single issue. It was a great unit and we sold it for a very good price when we were done with it.
    Fast forward to 2018. We purchased a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2250 RK.
    Love the Floor plan and the size of the unit but we have had more then our fair share of some major issues.
    From bent axles and collapsed springs to broken slide motors and water leaks I could go on and on. I actually have a binder containing all of the work orders for repairs.
    Thank goodness for Grand Design customer service which has been great and taken care of every issue. Just wish we didn’t need them as much as we have.
    We also bought our trailer at Bill Thomas and their service department has been great.
    Our last month long trip out west everything worked ok and hopefully after two years of ownership all of our issues are behind us.

Good luck with your Mini Lite and safe travels.
    Last edited by Cman18; 12-14-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi /392
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    Equalizer W/D Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Take it to Disney! Fort Wilderness is an excellent campground, probably the cleanest one with the friendliest staff you will find. Do a search online for Fort Fiends, it's a forum dedicated to Fort Wilderness, lots of great info there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more. I want to make a trip back to Disney World just to stay at Fort Wilderness, forget going to the parks. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were also very close on the Rockwoods. They seem well built and the tank sizes and the same or bigger than most GDs. in the end our GD was $2500 less and didn’t have to be ordered. Please keep us updated.

Where did you stay at pictured rocks? We were just talking about Grand Marais 30 minutes ago.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your fuel mileage while towing? I'm still looking at this trailer (and the new 2204s). Thanks.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast