User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    We were also very close on the Rockwoods. They seem well built and the tank sizes and the same or bigger than most GDs. in the end our GD was $2500 less and didn’t have to be ordered. Please keep us updated.

Where did you stay at pictured rocks? We were just talking about Grand Marais 30 minutes ago.
    Munising KOA. Owners were super friendly, campground was nice. Shaded, with quite a bit of space between most spots.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    How is your fuel mileage while towing? I'm still looking at this trailer (and the new 2204s). Thanks.
    10ish MPG. I lock out 9th and 10th. Seems to do a little better on economy and the transmission seems to search less in 8th vs 9th.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Bill Thomas has been great. We looked for nearly a year and went back and forth. No pressure, no BS. Several times we just went out there and sat in a 2400 and 2509 and compared. They welcomed us every time.

I've had one warranty issue, the tongue jack crapped out in Madison, WI where we stopped enroute to the UP. There was a CW 2 miles from the campground, that was closed on Sunday when it happened. Went to a farm and home store, bought a manual jack and threw that on there for the week. Wasn't fun to crank by hand but I made due. When I got back I brought the jack to the service counter, and they grabbed a new one off the floor and said they'd take care of it. Cool. I think I ended up with a better one than came stock. The HDMI into the TV from the DVD player also broke, but we don't watch a ton of TV and bought a cheap blueray player that fits on the counter top to keep the kids occupied with movies on rainy days. I might replace it, I might just pull it through the hole to get rid of it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    10ish MPG. I lock out 9th and 10th. Seems to do a little better on economy and the transmission seems to search less in 8th vs 9th.
    That seems quite reasonable. I asked because we had a rather severely forward-slanted front on one of our travel trailers when I was a kid. Dad used to get horrible mileage and the engine seemed to work hard even on flat land. When we eventually switched to a rearward-slanted trailer that was 50% heavier, we actually got better mileage and the truck pulled it easily. The Rockwood's front is not as severe and the inflection point is lower on the front. I'm glad it is working out so well for you. Thanks.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already looking down the road to a 5'er and when that happens it will be a GD unless something dramatic changes. I still think they have the best in that market.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I was looking at some 30ft 5th wheels on their site today! I can’t wait to retire.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same boat different direction ... moving from Rockwood to S Class .... nothing but good with the Rockwood just not happy with floor plan ... we ordered it and the build was during model year change and the bathroom changed completely ... have to say what they did to the bathroom we would have never ordered ... will take a bit on a beating on trade oh well just money can always make more love the 2930RL and got get price on new 2020 $31000 off MSRP and better for trade than expected .... I will be on here and Forrest river ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What it the bathroom where there’s a door on either side of the toilet?

One of those Rockwoods with the rear bedroom was spot on perfect for us spec wise. Monster holding tanks like 60-90-60gals, and two slide on a 30ft unit. It was a 2600 series I believe. But the floorplan was terrible, there was a narrow hallway and tiny door from the living area to the bedroom, then the bathroom was next to the hallway. The bathroom had a tiny door to the living area and a tiny door to the bedroom, and they bracketed the commode. Smh. Grand Designs full wide bathrooms made a for a much better layout.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234