User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerryr

As much as we want to talk like it will happen to else, sometimes it hits us at home.

In the end, we are all in this together. I hope the best for for your sister.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly made the right decision! My dad is 80 and not in best of health, I can’t even spend time with him. I don’t know if I am carrier and don’t want to risk infecting him. We are avoiding our own family, so I wouldn’t be concerned with his “feelings”. Your solution was sensible and reasonable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    We are currently staying at our remote country cabin. This community is a gated remote community with about 300 lots between 3-5 acres each.

I have a 59 year old friend who has a vacant lot here that he uses to camp on. He is coming to camp out this week. When I mentioned that he is welcome to come over but we would be sitting outside with lots of space between us. We will not have visitors in the house at this time and he was insulted.

My wife and I are in our mid 70s and we don’t want to risk catching anything now. We both have underlying medical issues.

The community has closed the fitness center, the lodge restaurant and cancelled all get together until further notice.

Some people are just not taking this social distancing seriously.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are currently staying at our remote country cabin. This community is a gated remote community with about 300 lots between 3-5 acres each.

I have a 59 year old friend who has a vacant lot here that he uses to camp on. He is coming to camp out this week. When I mentioned that he is welcome to come over but we would be sitting outside with lots of space between us. We will not have visitors in the house at this time and he was insulted.

My wife and I are in our mid 70s and we don’t want to risk catching anything now. We both have underlying medical issues.

The community has closed the fitness center, the lodge restaurant and cancelled all get together until further notice.

Yeah, I insulted friends when I arrested them for DUI.

Do what's right and don't burden yourself by expending psychic energy on something of relatively little importance.

Just sayin'.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you tell you friend that you are infected and just thinking of his well being? lol. I just tell people that I am having a hard time breathing and a little fever but I am sure it is nothing important, and then social distancing is not an issue.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my first camper a few weeks ago. I'm not going around anyone (even family), I'm itching to take the camper out (but I'm not), and I'm not insulted at all by any exclusions. My fiance just had heart surgery and JUST got off a ventilator. I'm not anxious for him to get back on another one. You are doing the right thing for not only you, but the world at large. Keep it up! Your friend needs to do as my godmother used to say, and "suck it up cupcake." Some people need to travel for health reasons, and everyone else needs to accept that their lives will be pretty boring for a bit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Did you tell you friend that you are infected and just thinking of his well being? lol. I just tell people that I am having a hard time breathing and a little fever but I am sure it is nothing important, and then social distancing is not an issue.
    Genius! No explanation involved.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont sweat it man. You definitely did the right thing. I think when this " friend" of yours give this some thought. He ll likely be pretty ashamed of his initial response and apologize.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just need to do the right thing Jerry, good for you both!
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, as others have stated follow the safe practices.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he is a true friend he will respect your wishes.
    Case24

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast