User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mesa View Post
    .... not much to do in NM... ??? That’s what we used to think.

After driving thru east/west on I-40 for years, I finally listened to a friend and decided to explore New Mexico. . . .

. . . . Safe travels folks!
    While I addressed a few things around Texas in my initial response earlier, I can totally agree you don't want to by-pass NM. It is so full of great places to see and photograph, it would take you an entire summer to just scratch the surface. One example is a trip my wife and I took a few years ago with the goal of playing some golf and shooting pictures of the many old Spanish missions. Six days later we returned home having played a couple of rounds at the Marty Sanchez Links at Santa Fe and captured images of 13 missions from Santa Rosa, Puerto de Luna, Santa Fe, Chimayo, Trucas, Villanueva and a few more. Bottom line from that trip is we enjoyed two great days of golf at one of the most beautiful links style courses I've ever played and had over 6000 pictures, most of which were of the missions that dated as far back as 1760. Anyone who says not much to see in NM has apparently only blown through on the Interstates without taking time to get off the four lane slab to stop and smell the roses.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm a little backwards. Went south to Quartsite for a few days then east to Georgetown, TX. Wilco, AZ is in Cochise county not to far from Tombstone. Drove though New Mexico due to their Covid restrictions. Right though El Paso where you can see parts of the wall and look to Mexico. Van Horn is a nice windy place and Junction on the Llano river is nice. Must stop in Llano and get BBQ at Cooper's BBQ pit. There are 2 COE (corps of engineers) parks here in Georgetown. Cheep if you have golden age pass
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234