User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Can you share what this system costs?
    The tube size is determined by the square footage of the area that's being protected. The smallest tube, SD300, is for the water heater and it's $159.

Let me just say that for all of the areas in my Momentum 376 TH (generator/battery area, water heater, refer, furnace/ATS/surge guard and back side of breaker panel) was $1,700. That was before I started working for them....that's retail.

Initially, I thought it was a little pricey but then I remembered how much I paid to upgrade my tires, I remembered what I paid for disc brakes, I remembered what I paid for my Trav'ler satellite Dish system, etc. etc. and considering how much my wife and my dog's safety is worth, how much I'd save if there was a fire while we were gone and one of these tubes saved our Momentum..... I realized it is very affordable!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone lose their lives?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherRogers View Post
    Did anyone lose their lives?
    No, no injuries or fatalities.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was reported that they they did loose their two dogs.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    It could be a number of possibilities. The majority of RV fires start behind the refer. Others start at the water heater, the inverter or converter, generator, breaker panel, ATS (automatic transfer switch), etc.....all areas that we protect with THIA by PROTENG AUTOMATIC RV FIRE SUPPRESSION.

I installed THIA by Proteng at the Newmar Rally in Indio last month a gentleman's Newmar Dutch Star that the fire started at the converter in the middle of the night. Fortunately he woke up to use the restroom and heard some crackling noise under the floor. He thought it was rats but went out to investigate and found his coach on fire.

The tube (designed for the race car industry in Europe) contains Dupont FM200 gas and is heat activated at approx. 300-320 degrees. The liquid in the tube turns to a gas as the temperature rises and at the point the tube ruptures the gas propels out of the tube at 300+ psi and it does it in a millisecond. At the point of activation, while removing much of the oxygen, the gas also replaces the heat with a super cold putting the fire out at the point of origin (see the video in the attached link).

It's a clean agent and so there isn't any residual damage that's caused by systems that use water, foam or dry chemical. It is environmentally safe and safe for humans and pets.

I will be doing a presentation and installations at the Grand Design Rallies at Las Vegas, Missouri, Colorado and Indiana. Here is a link for more information however, if you have specific information that isn't covered in this link, please contact me here or on the Grand Design groups on FB.

I am attaching photos that depict THIA by PROTENG being installed in my Momentum 376TH.

http://www.jczadventures.com/proteng/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyfSRafaJv0&t=56s

Attachment 17758

Attachment 17759

Attachment 17758

Attachment 17760

I just pulled in to the Oasis RV Resort here in Las Vegas for the Grand Design Rally. If you would like to talk with me about the automatic fire suppression system THIA by Proteng send me a message or stop by Space #150 .

JC
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 03-11-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Minor mod to comply with no advertising rule
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's scary, and yes, those poor people and their dogs.

As many of you may know, I've had all sorts of issues with my generator failing while driving. Had it to Onan three times, they can't recreate the issue because you have to drive it to make it fail. They did some work though, put some wrap around the carb, and some other stuff that might help (it hasn't).

Anyway, out working on it the other day, and I was looking at how to get the fuel pump out and tracing the fuel lines and noticed that the last time Onan took it apart, they decided not to clamp the fuel line back to the carb?!!!!

I about lost it. Not only did they not fix it having had the rig for over a month, but they made a MASSIVELY unsafe condition. I can only imagine if that line popped off when the genny was hot and started spraying gasoline over the enclosed/red hot engine. That wouldn't have ended well, let's put it that way.

There's a lot that can go wrong in these things. You'd think that safety stuff like that would be high on the list of things checked by dealers/mechanics. Apparently not; and I'm 100% sure if my rig had burned, I'd get exactly 0 help from Onan on it, even though it was obviously their fault.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    This system sounds very similar to the extinguisher in commercial aircraft lavatory waste bins. I had a passenger decide to try and smoke a cigarette on a flight once and between the detector going off, followed by an message in the cockpit that the extinguisher fired, we ended up diverting and this gentleman had a date with the authorities. I wonder how this agent compares in effectiveness to halon. Halon is some nasty stuff, and no longer produced but it puts out a fire quick.
    Why is Halon nasty stuff? I used to work in large water cooled computer rooms and the vast majority used Halon suppression systems. You can actually breath Halon for a short time (long enough to escape) with very little (if any) ill effects. I know it's bad for the environment, which is why it was banned.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123