User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mesa View Post
    Several responses to your original post appear to have a “piling on” (no pun intended) vibe of criticism and opinions related to your restroom practices… which is unfortunate because I think your question is submitted out if genuine curiosity and concern. Nonetheless, I hope you’ll continue to stay engaged on the forum, as it’s generally a great place to learn and contribute… and I choose to assume good will was intended from those critiquing your general rule of practice.

Anyway, in my opinion, the best way to truly know what’s happening with your black tank system would be to first use it as it was intended to be used… even if just temporarily… to assess if things are actually functioning properly inside the tank. I also suggest that what you’re seeing is likely just TP. Perhaps there isn’t enough “activity” going on in the tank for the product you’re using to effectively break down whatever brand of TP you’re using? Depending upon the outcomes (again, no pun intended) of any (temporary?) change in your rules or practice, you can then determine what (if any) level of concern and action would be best for you and your rig moving forward.

And as the saying goes, “water is your friend,” along with using the proper TP product.

All the best to you.
    Mobile Mesa is right on target with his assessment of the judgmental tone in answering your question. It's difficult to make a recommendation or suggestion since the black tank system is not being used in the way it was designed or intended. As mentioned, water us your friend and a lot rides on this for a properly functioning. I'm talking about a10-12 second flush even for the liquid stuff Not to be crass but mushrooms require both of the elements needed to grow in your tank and they may be the white clumps
    Chris Lynn
    Union City TN
    2016 Chevy 2500HD
    2020 Imagine 3250BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Ran this past the wife she says the first time I have to put my clothes back on and go out in the cold to use campground facilities late at night will be the last time I go camping with you. Do you want your wife/child of any young age walking in the dark to the bathroom? I agree after spending $70,000 dollars for a camper and to force everyone to "go" over there or not put paper in the toliet is ridiculous. So what happens in the middle of the night, Oh... it`s pouring down raining or snowing or what if your having stomach problems like we all do from time to time... "am I going to make it, am I going to make it". "Yeh well your going to have to hold it Honey if you don`t want to go out in the howling rain. Life happens, better prepared then have to adapt for no good reason.
    Well...I guess she made THAT clear!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
    Ran this past the wife she says the first time I have to put my clothes back on and go out in the cold to use campground facilities late at night will be the last time I go camping with you.
    Ha, that's pretty much what I told my wife when we moved from tent camping to RV camping. Said I was all done getting up at 2AM to crawl out of my sleeping bag, get dressed, and trudge outside to a tree just to take a leak. "Honey, I will go camping with you as often as you want as long as we start towing a potty behind us." LMAO. My wife doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night so she wasn't bothered, but she readily agreed to getting our first trailer. We only dry camp, and it's a godsend to have a trailer to base operations out of. So much less work than tent camping.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123