User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    The OEM converters, at least on the 2022s with factory solar and 2000w inverter package have a lithium "setting". To set to lithium, you just have to make a jump wire and connect to the two WAGO-type connectors on the converter. If you have AGM or SLA batteries, just leave as is. I can probably get a photo of the setup later today.
    Good to know - a photo would be great. I was going to hold off on buying the converter as I know they have been substituting components and wasn't sure what exactly I'd get at delivery.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    See @huntindog post about trying to add additional panels to the factory 300w system: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...765#post371765
    Thanks - I caught that post already.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing That my exp.with this trailer (limited as it is) has taught me is that yes the 2x100amp bats.will run the residential fridge for 2 days even with minimal solar input.
    Retired Pilot 2021 Grand Design 30 g 2018 Ram 3500,2015 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Thanks guys. After reviewing pictures of other folks battery installs in their Mo's which also gave insight into where GD mounts all of the equipment for the factory solar package in the belly bay... I decided to stick with the original plan of starting off with (2) BBB 100ah batteries (currently on sale for $150off ea). In looking at the pics, I realized there is also less room in that front bat than I thought given the generator. I figured standing up the BBB 270ah "Gamechanger" would make it difficult to access a couple of items on the back wall, and laying it flat takes up more footprint than (3) of the normal BBB 100ah batteries. I can look at adding additional ah's down the road if/when I feel I need or if I expand the solar system. For now, I am confident the (2) 100ah batteries powering the 2000 inverter with 300W factory solar will keep my residential fridge cold to our destination.

I have a 2020 320G and I removed the basement panel and added (2) SOK 206 ah lithium batteries in the area of the steps going up to the bedroom. I reinstalled the panel after trimming to access the solar controllers, breakers and battery shut offs.

I had (2) 170 watt panels on the roof but decided to triple that. The front now has a third 170 watt panel running thru one of the solar controller in parallel. The rear of the camper will get the other (3) 170 watt panels and will be wired in series to the other controller. I did install the proper converter charger when I added the lithium batteries.

I did change out my RV refrigerator guts with the JC 110 volt compressor system, which works well. When running the fridge off my inverter with just 340 watts of solar on (4) 6 volt batteries it would go for several days. The solar would not charge the batteries up 100% but close. Now with 510 watts of solar it will top off the SOK lithium batteries with no issues. So when I double (1020 watts) that soon, I should have plenty of solar to charge up the batteries in no time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3378D171-9DEB-473E-9546-786981A55D27.jpg   358ABA0A-F90B-4BB7-BC06-800273110268.jpg  
    Last edited by mostad; 08-04-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Rob,

Do you stay anywhere overnight without shore power with your setup?
    Just wondering if 2 BB's would keep the frig running thru the night.
    I have the 2 lead acid batteries that my rig came with and no solar. I had no problem driving all day and boon docking over night at truck stops with that setup. I also ran my generator for about an hour at night and 1/2 hour in the morning to make coffee. However I just purchased a Progressive Dynamics 2 stage Lithium charger, 2 Battle Born 100 Ah batteries and a Victron BMV-712 monitor. I got the charger from Amazon already, but the batteries and the monitor are on their way from Battle Born. I will probably change out the charger over the weekend, because I should have the batteries by Mon or Tues.
    I am just wondering if there is going to be any kind of a problem with the Battle Born batteries pulling too much from the charge line on the 7 pin connector while driving.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I... I am just wondering if there is going to be any kind of a problem with the Battle Born batteries pulling too much from the charge line on the 7 pin connector while driving.
    An electrical engineer may correct me here, but the way I understand it, batteries don't "pull," the alternator "pushes." The batteries can only absorb what the charging source sends them.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    An electrical engineer may correct me here, but the way I understand it, batteries don't "pull," the alternator "pushes." The batteries can only absorb what the charging source sends them.

Rob
    Rob, you are correct. Batteries don't pull a charge (they actually push the electrons, but that is a while different ball of wax). Any rechargable battery requires a certain voltage and amperage to charge it. That, in layman's terms, is being 'pushed" from the charging source.

This is true of all rechargable batteries, lead acid, AGM, Li-Ion, Nicad, LiFePO4, etc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The batteries do essentially control how much current flows, based on internal resistance. Lead acid has fairly high resistance, LFP has very little. Think about what would happen if you lowered the resistance to zero, i.e. short circuit. The charger can control how much current flows by lowering the voltage.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    they actually push the electrons
    Somewhere I ran across an article where each of the common misconceptions about electricity (including the definition of electricity itself) was addressed one by one. It was kinda fun. The fact that electrons actually flow the *opposite* direction is one of my favorite tidbits.

I'll try to see if I can track the article down, it's a fun read.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    The batteries do essentially control how much current flows, based on internal resistance. Lead acid has fairly high resistance, LFP has very little. Think about what would happen if you lowered the resistance to zero, i.e. short circuit. The charger can control how much current flows by lowering the voltage.
    I don't think the Ford has any kind of smart charger. I am not sure how ir works, but I know the wire going to the charge terminal on the 7 pin connector is a small gauge meant for only a trickle charge. When I had a Ram truck you could actually run the landing gear from the truck battery with totally dead house batteries.
    In any case many people are installing LiFePO4 batteries with no mention of any problem while hooked up to their truck. I guess I will find out soon.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast