User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCI touchscreen issues

So we're having the (apparently common) issue with the touchscreen on our momentum running up to a couple of minutes delay after you touch it. I've read some other posts, and it seems like some people find a good answer, others don't. I think we're just going to mount an old ipad on the wall and connect it solely to the rv wifi and have it run the onecontrol app full time.

(I'm eventually going to do the raspberry pi install that bridges the rv wifi to our main wifi and allows control of the rig through apple home, but that is still down the road...)

I'd love to mount the iPad right where the current touchscreen is, but I don't know if I can unplug the existing unit without affecting the system function. I found a shelled app running in the background on that machine that seems to be some kind of electronic bridge controller. This, combined with the fact that the power wires to the LCI screen go through a couple of good sized capacitors (I'm guessing short term power loss backup?) makes me think that the unit works as some kind of electronic relay for the system that I cannot disconnect. Does anyone know for sure one way or another?

I can 3D print an iPad mount that just covers the LCI screen entirely, but I'd prefer to just remove it if possible.

Cheers!

Josh
    Josh Ward
    2022 Momentum 395 MS-R, 8k axles
    2020 Ram 3500 4 door, DRW, 4wd, diesel, 4:10, Airlift bags, Reese 27k hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The system depends on the touchscreen to run, unfortunately. Also, if the motion lockout is activated, it can only be cleared through the main touchscreen, not through the app.

Also, I'm not sure if you can do things like recalibrate the leveling system through the app on an Ipad.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    The system depends on the touchscreen to run, unfortunately. Also, if the motion lockout is activated, it can only be cleared through the main touchscreen, not through the app.

Also, I'm not sure if you can do things like recalibrate the leveling system through the app on an Ipad.
    Oh yeah, excellent points. Totally forgot about the motion lockout. Thanks for the reminder! I think I'll just mount the iPad while leaving the original screen accessible.
    Josh Ward

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I designed a cover that holds an iPad mini. It sits over the original screen and the face of the cover slides off to allow access. I'm putting a USB charger in the recess behind the original screen to charge the iPad. Will run it on the 3d printer today and see how it does! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5594.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	36820
    Josh Ward