User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Air Lift bags with a remote compressor & Bilsteins. I also have valves inside the fuel fill door in case the compressor or batteries in the remote ever die. I run 5-8 lbs when empty, seems to help the ride (also dropping air pressure in the tires. With the trailer, I run 50 to 70 lbs. depending on road conditions & how heavy I load.
    I had Firestones on my old F250 where the cages collapsed-went to Air Lift on it & the dually & have had no problems.
    I've run I40 from California thru Flagstaff (nasty A.. road) in the winter, with & without bags. I don't come down as hard on the overloads with bags, a little more bounce, but better than feeling I was bouncing off the frame
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I have Air Lift bags with a remote compressor & Bilsteins. I also have valves inside the fuel fill door in case the compressor or batteries in the remote ever die. I run 5-8 lbs when empty, seems to help the ride (also dropping air pressure in the tires. With the trailer, I run 50 to 70 lbs. depending on road conditions & how heavy I load.
    I had Firestones on my old F250 where the cages collapsed-went to Air Lift on it & the dually & have had no problems.
    I've run I40 from California thru Flagstaff (nasty A.. road) in the winter, with & without bags. I don't come down as hard on the overloads with bags, a little more bounce, but better than feeling I was bouncing off the frame
    Thanks for that info. I know one of the challenges is air pressure in the rear tires. I run closer to max psi given I’m a SRW and I’m always pulling heavy. I don’t want a rear tire blowout because of under inflation for sure. When I’m not pulling I lower the pressure to 70 I’m the rear which is much nice than closer to 80.

I will be on that I-40 stretch you spoke about in the spring so good info also, THX!!

Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air bags & Bilsteins

Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I also have a 2015 F-350. After reading your post I searched the Bilstein website. They have so many options. Can you remember which of their products you used? Thanks. Mike
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    I also have a 2015 F-350. After reading your post I searched the Bilstein website. They have so many options. Can you remember which of their products you used? Thanks. Mike
    I believe they are 4600 series... stock, no lift. Can't remember the part #, & receipt is long gone, sorry.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't have any experience with air bags, but I installed Timbrens on my previous truck. Since they don't engage when not towing, they didn't affect that ride at all. They actually improved the ride with 3,000 lbs. pin weight on the rear axle and stopped the bottoming-out feeling on those bad transitions you mention (yes - we've done a lot of towing on I-95 between Augusta, GA, and Aberdeen, MD, which includes the beltways around DC and Baltimore).

Rob
    I too run with Timbrens. Like Bob mentioned, when I'm not weighted down, then I'm riding on my original suspension. Also I don't need to worry about air leaks
    or having the proper inflation, or worry about any failures. Nothing really to fail on the Timbrens. One less issue to worry about.
    Last edited by RoJoSo; 10-24-2021 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling error
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    I too run with Timbrens. Like Bob mentioned, when I'm not weighted down, then I'm riding on my original suspension. Also I don't need to worry about air leaks
    or having the proper inflation, or worry about any failures. Nothing really to fail on the Timbrens. One less issue to worry about.
    Do the Timbrens perform the same function as SumoSprings? I’ve been reading as much as I can trying to determine what to do with my truck to prepare to pull a fifth wheel. Both the SumoSprings and Timbrens seem to get good reviews. I have not seen anything that describes how they differ.

I have a 4,500 lb gooseneck equipment trailer that I use to transport a 10,000 lb track loader. Also a gooseneck stock trailer, gooseneck hay trailer, etc. When hauling heavy loads my truck feels like it is bottoming out. I can live with it infrequently hauling hay, moving equipment, etc. locally but I don’t want to spend a lot of time on the road pulling a fifth wheel long distances without addressing my suspension.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5ECE9F74-D373-4D96-BF1D-BF7A933CF1D8.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	37394
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C55682E8-BB45-4357-BB08-3B3220B973D1.jpg  
    Last edited by Mike Clay; 10-24-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    Do the Timbrens perform the same function as SumoSprings? I’ve been reading as much as I can trying to determine what to do with my truck to prepare to pull a fifth wheel. Both the SumoSprings and Timbrens seem to get good reviews. I have not seen anything that describes how they differ.

I have a 4,500 lb gooseneck equipment trailer that I use to transport a 10,000 track loader. Also a gooseneck stock trailer, gooseneck hay trailer, etc. When hauling heavy loads my truck feels like it is bottoming out. I can live with it infrequently hauling hay, moving equipment, etc. locally but I don’t want to spend a lot of time on the road pulling a fifth wheel long distances.
    They do perform the same function. Sumo offers several spring weights. Timbrens are a heavier spring.

This link will answer many of your questions
    https://www.truckspring.com/timbren-vs-sumosprings.aspx

As stated in my signature, I use the - Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    They are a heavier spring which is what I was looking for.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    They do perform the same function. Sumo offers several spring weights. Timbrens are a heavier spring.

This link will answer many of your questions
    https://www.truckspring.com/timbren-vs-sumosprings.aspx

As stated in my signature, I use the - Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    They are a heavier spring which is what I was looking for.
    That was a great help. Thank you.
    Diane and Mike

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't have any experience with air bags, but I installed Timbrens on my previous truck. Since they don't engage when not towing, they didn't affect that ride at all. They actually improved the ride with 3,000 lbs. pin weight on the rear axle and stopped the bottoming-out feeling on those bad transitions you mention (yes - we've done a lot of towing on I-95 between Augusta, GA, and Aberdeen, MD, which includes the beltways around DC and Baltimore).

Rob
    Agree 100%. The Bilsteins will virtually eliminate the oscillation and the Timbren springs stabilize and prevent the bottoming out of the leaf springs. The Timbren will also help to extend the life of your shocks. We've towed heavy on the NH to FL route....at the limit of our SRW "1 tons" for years with this exact setup (and without) and it is night and day. I did add sumo springs to my 310GK and they also help to eliminate excess oscillation in the rear of the trailer, but only by shortening spring travel. I would say they are not as good as trailer shocks, but a lot easier to install if you have nothing there to begin with.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast