User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people have recommended tape, but I think you're referring to the foam sealant along the frame. Is that correct? If so, any of the urethane expanding foams will do. I'd look for one that has a relatively low expansion. Mine is sealed with a black version, which looks a lot like pond foam. This stuff mainly ensures that there aren't any air leaks around the various pipes and joints, so it's a much better solution than trying to tape around those things.
    Dan
    2019 Imagine 2800BH towed by a 2017 Nissan Titan XD with a 5L Cummins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I've used this kind of tape successfully.
    ^^This^^

I've used the same tape and it's the real deal. Very effective and no issues with it coming loose after about 3000 miles in the rain and a little bit of snow. Highly recommended.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Coroplast

Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Chloroplasts /ˈklɔːrəˌplęsts, -plɑːsts/[1][2] are organelles that conduct photosynthesis, where the photosynthetic pigment chlorophyll captures the energy from sunlight, converts it, and stores it in the energy-storage molecules ATP and NADPH while freeing oxygen from water in plant and algal cells. They then use the ATP and NADPH to make organic molecules from carbon dioxide in a process known as the Calvin cycle. Chloroplasts carry out a number of other functions, including fatty acid synthesis, much amino acid synthesis, and the immune response in plants. The number of chloroplasts per cell varies from one, in unicellular algae, up to 100 in plants like Arabidopsis and wheat.

COROPLAST-Corrugated Plastic- usually found to seal under travel trailers/5th wheels, or for making political signs.
    Is it politically correct to use plastic for something like a political sign that is disposable? Maybe our politicians should be disposed of after a term or two!
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dthiem2002 View Post
    I know a lot of people have recommended tape, but I think you're referring to the foam sealant along the frame. Is that correct? If so, any of the urethane expanding foams will do. I'd look for one that has a relatively low expansion. Mine is sealed with a black version, which looks a lot like pond foam. This stuff mainly ensures that there aren't any air leaks around the various pipes and joints, so it's a much better solution than trying to tape around those things.
    Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I was wondering about. I have the tape, but I need to seal up where I had to pull the chloroplast away from the frame.

I'll look for some low expansion foam as you recommended. We'll be doing some winter camping this year & want all the insulation we can get.

Happy camping.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not get Gorilla tape or scrim tape to hold. The wind just kept pulling it loose I ended up "lacing" the cut with tie-wraps and then applying the tape.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The surface must be super clean and kind of warm for the tape to stick...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Chloroplasts /ˈklɔːrəˌplęsts, -plɑːsts/[1][2] are organelles that conduct photosynthesis, where the photosynthetic pigment chlorophyll captures the energy from sunlight, converts it, and stores it in the energy-storage molecules ATP and NADPH while freeing oxygen from water in plant and algal cells. They then use the ATP and NADPH to make organic molecules from carbon dioxide in a process known as the Calvin cycle. Chloroplasts carry out a number of other functions, including fatty acid synthesis, much amino acid synthesis, and the immune response in plants. The number of chloroplasts per cell varies from one, in unicellular algae, up to 100 in plants like Arabidopsis and wheat.

COROPLAST-Corrugated Plastic- usually found to seal under travel trailers/5th wheels, or for making political signs.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12