User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    What does it read as your GVWR, and is yours 4x4? 6 1/2 ft box or 8?
    GVWR is 11350, yes 4x4 and 6 1/2 bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donbaldw View Post
    All of the info you are asking for is in my original response.Attachment 37923
    The question wasn't directed at you, look who I quoted.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that payload sticker beat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181221_074354_resized.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	37937

I checked off every comfort, convenience, capability, and safety feature on my order sheet to get there. That isn't hyperbole, I checked them all.

It is not difficult to outfit a F-150 to achieve a higher available payload. Heck, the Ford Maverick has a payload north of 1500 pounds!

Many disagree, some vehemently, but I believe the payload sticker is the most irrelevant piece of information on a truck. As soon as I upgraded my tires (rated for 4080 pounds each), the inflation specs were meaningless. Actually, they were mostly meaningless with the stock tires, which were the same load range E, 80 psi max tires on higher GVWR trucks.

GVWR is not derived by determining the mechanical capability of the components of a specific truck, it is assigned purely for marketing, licensing, and regulatory reasons. It is so arbitrary that two identical vehicles can have completely different GVWRs, either at the discretion of the manufacturer or the consumer that elects to de-rate their truck.

I went off on a tangent/rant. The point is, I'm certain the sticker the OP posted is legit.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the same game is played on Trailers. My reason for saying this is in Texas, if a trailer's GVWR is over 4K, it MUST be titled. (I was shocked that my boat trailer does not have a title). If a trailer's GVWR is 7.5K or over, it must also have an annual safety inspection. I can only assume this is the reason my travel trailer has a rating of 7495, instead of 7500 or more to avoid such inspections????
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...all this to say, that when it comes to payload, and especially on the particular truck I pointed out in the original picture, it's not all that important, because this one is an arbitrary one anyhow. One should pay closer attention to the axle ratings and actual tire ratings and be sure to be within those limits.
    In the jurisdiction where this truck is located, the law states that a truck over 10,000 gvw must have a safety inspection annually, so dealers will sometimes order trucks in de-rated to 9900 gvw to get around that requirement. Had this dealer not done that, that particular truck may have a gvw closer to say the 11000 mark and it's true payload would be considerably higher.
    Is all of this different for an 1/2 ton vs heavy duty trucks? Or, would the same logic apply? So once I get my new F150, will I be able to find specs on the axle itself that might be different than the data on the door sticker? Or, with a 1/2 ton is the door sticker axle rating information going to match what the actual axle ratings would be?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Is all of this different for an 1/2 ton vs heavy duty trucks? Or, would the same logic apply? So once I get my new F150, will I be able to find specs on the axle itself that might be different than the data on the door sticker? Or, with a 1/2 ton is the door sticker axle rating information going to match what the actual axle ratings would be?
    I would say that your 1/2 ton won't be derated, no reason for them to do so. For that reason, the ratings on your door stickers should be the correct numbers. Your axle ratings printed on your door sticker will be the correct ones.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that your 1/2 ton won't be derated, no reason for them to do so. For that reason, the ratings on your door stickers should be the correct numbers. Your axle ratings printed on your door sticker will be the correct ones.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying. I was getting a bit confused following this thread.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I have owned a number of F-150s over the years. None of them inspired confidence as they approached (or exceeded) their limits. That isn't to say they weren't capable trucks, but it was apparent from the driver's seat that their stated limits were in line with their practical limits. Much of that is due to their lower weight and shorter wheel base compared to the two 8000 pound, crew cab, long bed F-250s I've owned. My current truck with my 12000 pound GVW fifth wheel in tow is operated at well over it's stickered payload but under all other stated limits and it is the most comfortable and stable towing experience I have ever had. It does not feel like it has come close to reaching it's practical limits. My 2016 F-150 3.5 EB was paired with a 30 foot, 7500 pound travel trailer that was front heavy and had a 1200 pound tongue weight. I was running slightly over the stickered payload and the experience was acceptable, but not 100% confidence inspiring like my current set up.

It looks like you have ordered yourself one loaded pickup! I'm sure it will be a great match for your current trailer.
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparing a 5th wheel vs a TT for towing regardless of the truck, the 5th wheel will win hands down.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Comparing a 5th wheel vs a TT for towing regardless of the truck, the 5th wheel will win hands down.
    True. I towed that same 7500 travel trailer with my 2005 F-250 and the experience was night and day different.

The point wasn't to really compare the towing prowess of the two different platforms (or trailer types) but rather to provide some admittedly anecdotal evidence that the stated limits of half ton trucks are more in line with their practical limits than is the case with 3/4 ton trucks.
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast