User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many pilots (including my son-in-law who flies for a major airline) use Weather Underground on their phones when they don't have access to their work-provided weather information. You can get forecasts for up to 10 days out, RADAR, forecast maps with fronts, etc. I've used it for years flying and sailing... and RVing, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Weather Underground app on my phone, along with the MyRadar app. I like the MyRadar for looking at the radar for what is happening around me at that time, and for future weather, use the WU.

I wish the Garmin RV GPS had weather like my Garmin motorcycle GPS does. I can overlay the current radar map on my route on it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do Disaster Medicine and have used MyRadar Pro for years in and out of Theatre. It’s great for flying as well. There is a cost but its pretty nominal.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the AccuWeather app and Radar X on my phone.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I have the Weather Underground app on my phone, along with the MyRadar app. I like the MyRadar for looking at the radar for what is happening around me at that time, and for future weather, use the WU.

I wish the Garmin RV GPS had weather like my Garmin motorcycle GPS does. I can overlay the current radar map on my route on it.
    I don’t understand why navigation products don’t include weather information. Enter your route, and it could pretty easily check for severe weather along the way. Then you could plan to wait it out or press on and get through before the weather.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Weather Bug app , My Radar app, and I have NOAA weather channels on my CB.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always am watching weather, at home or on a trip.. all the above are good choices... but the best radar app I have ever used is RadarScope. It is fabulous... I paid the $10 for Radar Scope Pro... provides a good bit of extra data and radar indications (e.g., tornado signatures)... Will try to attach a picture of a leading storm into SC last night that I sent to a friend. You can adjust the type of radar you want to use (such as super -res-reflectivity) and various tilts... it is pretty amazing and is 'real-time'... much better than any mentioned above.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263959869_598927134554942_7565266707882798460_n.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	38127
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather Underground, weather app on cell phone and a weather radio in the rig
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Many pilots (including my son-in-law who flies for a major airline) use Weather Underground on their phones when they don't have access to their work-provided weather information. You can get forecasts for up to 10 days out, RADAR, forecast maps with fronts, etc. I've used it for years flying and sailing... and RVing, too.

Rob
    This pilot prefers weather bug, but weather underground is good too. I like their website. I have XM travel Link in my truck and I like that for radar when driving. It doesn't need internet but takes about 20 minutes to download to my truck's nav system.

A weather radio is a must in the RV. This guy doesn't take up any space in a drawer. You'll be able to find a working station even when you have no TV reception in most cases. https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/products/810-805

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    This pilot prefers weather bug, but weather underground is good too. I like their website. I have XM travel Link in my truck and I like that for radar when driving. It doesn't need internet but takes about 20 minutes to download to my truck's nav system.

A weather radio is a must in the RV. This guy doesn't take up any space in a drawer. You'll be able to find a working station even when you have no TV reception in most cases. https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/products/810-805
    I always tell people that if you plan to rely on a weather, radio that you need to familiarize yourself with the local geography. How often do you know the county you are camping in or the surrounding county names? The NWS warnings will say something like "Residents of eastern Adair County and western Russell County should take cover now." but do you want to be trying to find a county map with a possible tornado or severe thunderstorm bearing down on you?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast