User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carry one of these in the bed of the truck. You can winterize to your hearts content if you have an outlet available.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d96dc3d5-f7b5-40ff-9161-a48324fecaa5.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	38236

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2018 F-250 crew cab 6.7 Powerstroke
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 349m
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    what he said
    This is what I'm leaning towards.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
    Carry one of these in the bed of the truck. You can winterize to your hearts content if you have an outlet available.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d96dc3d5-f7b5-40ff-9161-a48324fecaa5.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	38236

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Or I could just turn on the generator... I was just trying to get away without bringing yet another tool. I think the best solution so far is to just winterize it once I test all the systems and camp without water for the 1st couple of days.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I'd winterize it after checking it out. Get some water jugs & keep 'em in the shower. You can use the water to flush toilet, heat it on the stove to spit bath with if your only talking a couple of days. The water shouldn't hurt the holding tanks. Dump the water when you get to California...unless you're bringing it near where I am-haven't seen the 30's in over a week.
    That might be the plan since I only plan on a couple of days being in that sub freezing weather. sounds like your up in the mountains or foothills of Ca.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notTobyG View Post
    Or I could just turn on the generator... I was just trying to get away without bringing yet another tool. I think the best solution so far is to just winterize it once I test all the systems and camp without water for the 1st couple of days.
    In my opinion, this is the best and safest plan.

Best of luck and safe travels!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed... Traveling FULLY winterized for the first couple of days is probably the best solution. When we head South to Florida in late Jan we do the same. We carry (4) one gallon water jugs that fit nicely In a plastic milk crate and rides along in the shower on an anti-slip mat. Sometimes we get to dewinterize at the end of the first day if the weather is right and we stay at a campground with full hookups... If not then we wait until the second night we stop. Don't forget to re-winterize the outside shower, outside kitchen, all sink & shower traps, and washing machine lines if you have them. Also ask the seller to have the refrigerator up and running and pre chilled for at least 2 days so you can make full use of it if you want. Another item is propane, again ask the seller ahead of time to have at least one propane tank FULL because you're gonna need it for heat, especially if you boondock at all on your way home.
    Best of luck on this journey, return to this thread and keep us posted.... and welcome to the Grand Design Owners Family!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-22-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep one of these and use it to push air through my waterlines.

Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit

Much smaller!

If your rv is brand spanking new, it should already be winterized but-don’t count on it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the safest plan. Winterizing sometimes means getting a bit of water/antifreeze on your hands. Doing much outside work is not fun if the temps are in the ranges noted above, especially if there is any wind.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franktafl View Post
    I keep one of these and use it to push air through my waterlines.

Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit

Much smaller!

If your rv is brand spanking new, it should already be winterized but-don’t count on it.
    Good to know! I was looking at that model but, ended up going with the one that had 100% cycle time at 1.8 CFM vs. the 33% at 2.3 CFM. I guess I will need to test it out and report back.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Agreed... Traveling FULLY winterized for the first couple of days is probably the best solution. When we head South to Florida in late Jan we do the same. We carry (4) one gallon water jugs that fit nicely In a plastic milk crate and rides along in the shower on an anti-slip mat. Sometimes we get to dewinterize at the end of the first day if the weather is right and we stay at a campground with full hookups... If not then we wait until the second night we stop. Don't forget to re-winterize the outside shower, outside kitchen, all sink & shower traps, and washing machine lines if you have them. Also ask the seller to have the refrigerator up and running and pre chilled for at least 2 days so you can make full use of it if you want. Another item is propane, again ask the seller ahead of time to have at least one propane tank FULL because you're gonna need it for heat, especially if you boondock at all on your way home.
    Best of luck on this journey, return to this thread and keep us posted.... and welcome to the Grand Design Owners Family!

good suggestions, thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast