User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have T-Mobile and can use my phone as a hot spot and they will add GBs as needed on a monthly basis for $15/month. Add Google Chromecast to that and you can stream and I have Spectrum, so I can watch pretty much anything as long as a cell signal is available, and that is most locations.
    TexSon
    San Antonio, Tx
    2021 Reflections 315RLTS
    2020 Silverado HD3500 Durmax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the thing that frosts my butt the most is the so called "unlimited" data plans are only up to a point, then restricted in data speeds and never emphasized. I figure it's another marketing manipulation trick. I setup a Wavlink dual band wifi extender on a 10' mast that works pretty good for $150. We also have a mobile hot spot if needed. Past that, I'll go back to the dark ages and read a book!
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, Verizon has served me well. Have used Verizon for phone, WIFI, hot spot, and cellular data (iPads). No longer use their WIFI since I purchased a cellular iPad, but it worked fine the years I had it. Used AT&T briefly but preferred the Verizon coverage.

I will note that each carrier does have moments where they just plain suck wind.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    I think the thing that frosts my butt the most is the so called "unlimited" data plans are only up to a point, then restricted in data speeds and never emphasized. I figure it's another marketing manipulation trick. . . . Past that, I'll go back to the dark ages and read a book!
    I agreee whole heartedly. Seems all carriers have unlimited data as long as you don't exceed their "limit" at which point you still have data, but strangled so much as to be unusable.
    TexSon
    San Antonio, Tx
    2021 Reflections 315RLTS
    2020 Silverado HD3500 Durmax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for your post. I have a new RV with the Air 360+ installed but for whatever reason they didn’t include the Gateway. I already have an older Netgear LTE modem but it really has some older technology (Speedtest on my iPhone 13 is about 40mb down with 7 up, the modem is about 8mb down with 25 up) — that’s with no antenna on the modem and just sitting inside my rig in my driveway.
    Trying to decide if I should buy the Winegard Gateway to benefit from the external antenna, buy an M1 Nighthawk modem Hotspot, or even both. If I could benefit from the external antenna of the Air 360 using the M1 then I know I would just get the hotspot alone.

Of note I have a dedicated router that I’m using in the RV — I mainly just need the Internet source.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if your Winegard Gateway was pre installed? I mean if you had to pay for the Gateway and a hotspot would you still get both?? (See my previous post)

Thanks!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some rigs vary, but the standard setup is the Air 360 antenna, and then you need to purchase and add the Gateway if you want one. There are several threads here about installing it and how/where to get a power switch installed.
    At least in the east where cell service tends to be much stronger, I never had to turn mine on and only fired it up a few times just to make sure it's still working!
    Just the jetpack was enough. However, having the booster with the Gateway if/when I ever need it is key, so it's still a good purchase for me. It'll come in handy once we head out west next year.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thank you for taking the time to reply. I just hate that I have to buy two different things lol. Also one other issue is that I will have to install my gateway on the inside of my dome and the dome was firmly sealed on to the roof rather than just connecting it with the screws. So taking all of that loose in the cold is a little bit worrisome. But I really appreciate your input!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Verizon hotspot. For $80.00 a month I have 150GB which has been more than enough for what I need.
    Retired Hypnotist after 40 years.
    2021 Momentum 381M-R
    15 Foot garage
    Three air conditions
    Tow vehicle 2019 Ram Heavy Duty 4 X 4 Dually
    Going full time by December 2021
    Left Missouri in 2016 moved to Florida

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvjohn View Post
    Hey thank you for taking the time to reply. I just hate that I have to buy two different things lol. Also one other issue is that I will have to install my gateway on the inside of my dome and the dome was firmly sealed on to the roof rather than just connecting it with the screws. So taking all of that loose in the cold is a little bit worrisome. But I really appreciate your input!
    FWIW, I think most of us have installed the Gateway inside the rig. There should be an access panel cover on the ceiling, directly under where the antenna is mounted. You'll find the 2x antenna wires/plugs and a power wire behind the cover.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast