2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree more... The Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch is definitely the way to go! Once you try it, you WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A CONVENTIONAL TYPE 5TH WHEEL HITCH! Only weighs 35 lbs and you can remove it in less than 5 minutes! It's THE ULTIMATE 5TH WHEEL HITCH!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    I’m going to be a contrarian here and suggest the Anderson goose adapter and hitch.

I HAD the b&w companion slider. It’s a behemoth. It gets stuck in the goose hole and it’s a pain to get out. It weighs a metric ton. The 5th wheel has slop.

I have a 2015 short bed 2500 Cummins, and a 2020 mega cab dually Cummins.

Hear me out, the goose ball on the Anderson is offset 4 inches. It gives plenty of cab clearance as is. And If you need more, use the goose adapter on the king pin for 4 more inches. It sits so far back you’ll need to take the tail gate off to clear the king pin. Basically where my companion sat in the slide position.
    I’m not a fan of that. Too far back. But just the offset on the hitch tower is MORE than enough. We just went to mackerricher state park in fort Bragg, in fact we got home last night. I have a triple axle 380 momentum. If I can get in an out of there, you’ll be just fine I’m very confident just about almost anywhere.

The Anderson weighs 35lb and comes in and out in a matter of seconds. I sold my b&w.

And the goose ball towing is magnificent to boot. No more bucking and chucking and slop stopping and taking off.

And finally, the Anderson is cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more... The Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch is definitely the way to go! Once you try it, you WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A CONVENTIONAL TYPE 5TH WHEEL HITCH! Only weighs 35 lbs and you can remove it in less than 5 minutes! It's THE ULTIMATE 5TH WHEEL HITCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folded one up a while back. Don't trust them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must have crashed then! The new ones are reinforced even better than the original ones! I stand by them 100%!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Hard braking with a 18k trailer when a bunch of antelope ran across I-25.

2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroose View Post
    We have the B&W companion slider in our 6.5 foot box pulling a 376THS. Absolutely love the hitch, positive lock, easy to operate, good articulation, and trouble free. You obviously wouldn’t need a slider with an 8foot box, but head unit is the same.
    Same here. We have the B&W Companion Slider for our 2021 Solitude 390RK, pulling with a 2021 RAM 3500 6.7L Turbo high output Cummins diesel engine. This is our first 5th Wheel, and I had zero experience with 5th Wheel hitches. We did our due diligence in gaining knowledge about the many hitch options, including reviewing countless reviews. We finally opted for this hitch, as it was recommended (separately) by both the truck dealership service department and the RV dealership service department… neither of the two even sold the B&W. We ordered from eTrailer and had it installed later at another RAM dealership.

Anyway, we’re OCD on watching our weight limitations, and pretty strict on holding 65 mph maximum speed (we stick to paved roads). Though I have no experience to compare with, we couldn’t be more pleased with our hitch choice. We’ve never experienced anything that others describe as “chucking,” so I take that as a win. The slider mode is simple to use, and VERY helpful in maneuvering in tight spots (a non-issue for your full bed).

If “better” exists out there, great… but I can’t think of a single issue that I would describe as a negative aspect with this hitch. As a rookie 5th Wheeler, so far it’s exceeding our expectations.
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstratton73 View Post
    My boss just folded one up as well. So far over $20,000 in damage to the truck and trailer. He said that Anderson is paying for everything.......... But who needs that headache. A ruined trip, and all of the hassle to get it all fixed? No thanks.
    My Momentum is HEAVY... I cannot imagine anything made of 35# of aluminum standing up for long. Yes my B&W is heavy. It is made of very thick steel. I like that.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you want light weight and wonder if it will hold plus harder to line up then Anderson gets the win .
    If you want heavy duty no worries and back in one time put the pin in and go B&W all day long .

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    Folded one up a while back. Don't trust them.

Well since this would have been a catastrophic event with significant damage I`m sure you would have taken pictures, why don`t you post them here so we can see the "folded" hitch to back up your statement.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast