Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakflip cover

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I have been using BakFlip cover for years, I had a 2011 1500 first and then a 2016 2500, and after that I had the same one on my 2018 3500 but since I bought a 2022 with the 8" bed, I have to sale it and I'm in the process on getting one for my 8" bed.

I guess that you can say that I'm a BakFlip kind of guys, lol, thinking about the BakFlip MX4 or the UnderCover Flex.
    I have a bakflip on my 8 foot bed 2019 laramie, Im trading it for a 2022 Longhorn with the 8 foot bed but because I can not fold up the backflip from the side of the truck, I have to get in the bed to fold it up. I'm going to install the retrax 80233 on the new truck, that I can retrack from the side. You are correct the bakflip covers are great but heavy for me to use.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    I have a bakflip on my 8 foot bed 2019 laramie, Im trading it for a 2022 Longhorn with the 8 foot bed but because I can not fold up the backflip from the side of the truck, I have to get in the bed to fold it up. I'm going to install the retrax 80233 on the new truck, that I can retrack from the side. You are correct the bakflip covers are great but heavy for me to use.
    You are right about that. The 8' covers are heavy. I do get in the bed to open or close it. I have a bed step so not a big deal.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know in my search I was looking at this one, and I love the fact that you don't have to do all of the folding but after looking at the price of one, I have to beat myself up as far as breaking down and getting it, I'm still thinking those. At my point in life I really don't mind the folding because I want be doing it a lot, so, I'm still thinking.

I also order a AMP bed step for my 2022 3500 Laramie CCLB, it supposed to come in this Monday, I'm thinking that I might be using that more to get up in my bed or if I have to roll it back.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 12-25-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Balflip F1 has been on 3 trucks so far and it will go on my 2022 F350 when it arrives. I bought it from Linex which offers lifetime warranty. I was told that they now sell the same cover under their name with additional Linex spray on the top.

My trucks have all been short bed so they are not as heavy to unfold as an 8’ bed version but they are nit light. I’m 6’ so it isn’t difficult for me to fold/unfold the cover. My wife cannot do it.

The F1 is identical to the MX4 except the top is not aluminum but rather Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer. The top will not dent and has the same weight rating as the MX4.

Additionally I have a BedRug bed liner which has been moved to the 3 rd truck and will be moved to my 2022 when it arrives.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 12-25-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my last truck I had the BakFlip F1 but I was wondering if I should just go with the MX4 this time, I'm kind of throw it around in my head that do I want to go with the F1 again or just get the MX4, I have to look at the pricing.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my last truck I had the BakFlip F1 but I was wondering if I should just go with the MX4 this time, I'm kind of throw it around in my head that do I want to go with the F1 again or just get the MX4, I have to look at the pricing.
    After seeing several MX4s suffer hail damage I chose the F1. Example https://youtu.be/f0ZbCpU4HAA

The F1 will fade.
    Also both the F1 and MX4 will dent the underside aluminum panels if you load stuff too height in the bed and try tp close it. But the F1 Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer top will not dent.
    Both tops are NOT 100% water proof. I get a few drips after heavy rains but nothing bad.
    The rear seals are now identical and you can now close the tailgate with the top down. Older models prior to 2017 of F1 you had to close the tailgate first before closing the top.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept going back and forth so I order the UnderCover ArmorFlex.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know in my search I was looking at this one, and I love the fact that you don't have to do all of the folding but after looking at the price of one, I have to beat myself up as far as breaking down and getting it, I'm still thinking those. At my point in life I really don't mind the folding because I want be doing it a lot, so, I'm still thinking.

I also order a AMP bed step for my 2022 3500 Laramie CCLB, it supposed to come in this Monday, I'm thinking that I might be using that more to get up in my bed or if I have to roll it back.
    Let me know how your bed step works>
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know how your bed step works>

Okay moppie14, I will and I will even take some pics and post them, I kept going back and forth beating up my little brain to finally I said just get one George and be done with it, all of them have their plus and minus so I pull the trigger on one it will be here on the today, but I'm not sure that I will pick it up today maybe tomorrow, there's a lot of snow of the ground, I'm trying to let all of the crazy out first.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 12-27-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    After seeing several MX4s suffer hail damage I chose the F1. Example https://youtu.be/f0ZbCpU4HAA

Hail can damage the truck metal/paint too.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast