User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Anyone have any good ideas for an easy way to move ~20-40 gallons of fuel at a time to the RV and fill the tanks for the genny/toys? I have an ethanol free gas station near me that is, well.. "Hairy" getting the RV into/out of. I'd much rather just drive the truck over, fuel up a tank(s) and bring it back to the RV.

I sometimes use 5 gallon cans, but that's a bit of a nightmare because the RV tanks are meant to be filled from a spout, not from a can. So, net/net, it works, but I wind up covered in gas when I do it that way. What I'd really like is something like a 15G jug with some sort of siphon system and a valve to get the fuel from the tank to the RV. Wondering if anyone has built something like this or has some ideas on a commercial product.

I'm thinking of something like this:

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

But what I don't see is a ~10ft hose (with a valve somewhere on the hose) and a spout available. My plan is to pull the truck up next to the RV, run the hose into the tank I want to fill, then kick this thing over and let it siphon out.

Any better ideas, because, honestly, I'm not thrilled with this one!
    I have been doing it that way for years. My tank is 15 gal gravity feed. Works good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any good ideas for an easy way to move ~20-40 gallons of fuel at a time to the RV and fill the tanks for the genny/toys? I have an ethanol free gas station near me that is, well.. "Hairy" getting the RV into/out of. I'd much rather just drive the truck over, fuel up a tank(s) and bring it back to the RV.

I sometimes use 5 gallon cans, but that's a bit of a nightmare because the RV tanks are meant to be filled from a spout, not from a can. So, net/net, it works, but I wind up covered in gas when I do it that way. What I'd really like is something like a 15G jug with some sort of siphon system and a valve to get the fuel from the tank to the RV. Wondering if anyone has built something like this or has some ideas on a commercial product.

I'm thinking of something like this:

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...lon-container/

But what I don't see is a ~10ft hose (with a valve somewhere on the hose) and a spout available. My plan is to pull the truck up next to the RV, run the hose into the tank I want to fill, then kick this thing over and let it siphon out.

Any better ideas, because, honestly, I'm not thrilled with this one!
    I have used 1 of these for years, for 20 bucks it's hard to do without.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emmababy-...pply/832720266

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper111 View Post
    I have used 1 of these for years, for 20 bucks it's hard to do without.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emmababy-...pply/832720266
    The original worked as advertised. After that I found that they were made cheaper and didn't last. Leaked after a couple of uses. That has been my experience

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    signature

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of one year when a road crew near our house hit a natural gas line and ruptured it. All the houses had to evacuate and stay outside. Watching the guy that had dug the hole take a break and sit at the side of the hole and have a smoke. I couldn't say much as I talked one of the repair guys to let me go in the house to get some beer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, those are not cheap. My 100G diesel tank was <300 bucks, these are in a whole new zip code.
    They aren't, but even if I put one of those in my ordered F-350 will still cost several thousand dollars less because of the 7.3L.

Thanks for posting a link for these.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234