User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Seals: Letter from GD?

Today I received a letter stating I have 6 months from date of letter to get a “complimentary” slide seal inspection and if an issue is found they would foot the bill for new seals. This is odd to me. Does anyone know of an issue? Last time I went to the dealer they ran a forklift through my rig! Oh and they sent a link to this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAnue9...ature=youtu.be
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this letter in email or snail mail...the return address should give a clue if it is really from GD..or a simple call to GD service to verify it was from them.

If it's legit it makes me wonder if there is some sort of silent recall to keep it quiet and out of the official recall list.. hard to pass up free seals on a 4 yr old trailer if it's on the level
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Was this letter in email or snail mail...the return address should give a clue if it is really from GD..or a simple call to GD service to verify it was from them.

If it's legit it makes me wonder if there is some sort of silent recall to keep it quiet and out of the official recall list.. hard to pass up free seals on a 4 yr old trailer if it's on the level
    This is from GD. I will see if I can post a pic of it.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe cause the dealer "forked" up your trailer, they want to ensure the seal is o.k.???

After reading your letter, it sounds like they really might have a possible install issue with your particular model.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 01-10-2022 at 06:01 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8125E1F5-C542-4247-93D4-AC1A62405C36.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	38461 hope you can read this. There is more on back too, but this should give an idea.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Maybe cause the dealer "forked" up your trailer, they want to ensure the seal is o.k.???

After reading your letter, it sounds like they really might have a possible install issue with your particular model.
    The trailer they forked was my previous one so no. Not sure if just the 2400BH or others but does include 2 different slide systems.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
    The trailer they forked was my previous one so no. Not sure if just the 2400BH or others but does include 2 different slide systems.
    Yea.... I was just forking with ya....��
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be enough Imagines in the timeframe stated with seal problems too take action . Great that they are being proactive if there is an issue. . It looks like you are getting new seals if they don't pass the inspection... It states they will pay to replace, is that for the seal and labor or just labor. I'd go for it if it's the whole deal. Hope they don't fork up your trailer again
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting,,,,,,Intriguing,,,,,,,Hummmmm,,,,,,,Wh y Imagines? Inquiring minds what to know!

In my mind I'm thinking they wouldn't be using a different slide seal type in Imagines than other models like Reflection, Solitude or Momentum. I can't believe they are trying to drum up business for the dealerships, they have enough to do now on backlog. Maybe they did switch to a different slide seal manufacturer and tested them out on the Imagine line? Or maybe they are looking at changing their initial warranty period for new RVs and including the slide seals for longer than one year and this is a way they can determine how the seals are holding up and what their exposure could be if they include the seals in a longer warranty ?
    Offering an initial longer warranty on the slide seals would distinguish them apart from other manufacturers offering only one year coverage.

I've not read anything here about Imagine slide seals falling apart or disintegrating after only a couple years.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-11-2022 at 05:39 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall my previous recall mentioning the state i was registered in. I wonder if it is something that Florida is making them due or a problem they are only really seeing in Florida? Maybe we will see more members mention this.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast