User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resorts or "In the Sticks"?

I'm wondering how many have similar preferences for campsites as DW and I have. We ended up with a beautiful piece of wooded land in north Florida where we will spend our winters. We hate to see this property sitting vacant during the summer, so we're considering adding a few more sites.

So my question is: Do people prefer the resort type campgrounds, or would people be interested in a rural setting, well away from the neighbors? Our vision is to build a few sites that are basically an acre in size and hundreds of feet apart. They would all be full hook-up sites with probably a wood patio deck to park against and a fenced dog run on each site. We would have full size laundry on site and wifi internet available.

This is the kind of place we would like to live and we are curious if others are interested in something like this and would it be passing through, or would people like a monthly rate?
    Roger, Stacy and the Sophie the fur kid

2017 Solitude 300GK
    2015 Chev 2500 Diesel (replaced)
    2020 F350 DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it zoned? That may be a limiting factor.

Personally. I prefer natural wooded Florida State parks with lots of elbow room and nice trails and walking paths.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full hookups sites? It can get costly to bring in the power. If you supply the water you would be required to test and maintain water to utility standards, ie chlorinating etc and reporting State testing. Then septic tanks, uggg.

I have a close friend to owns a trailer/RV park in Florida so I hear all the stories from him. He’s always doing septic repairs, well and water treatment maintenance etc. each site has separate electric meters the responsibility of the residents.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer your question -- As DW and I have gotten older we have turned more to the resort type Park with full amenities. "Resort" usually means it has a swimming pool and full hook-ups. We like smaller parks but with activities. These are generally more expensive but worth it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My preference is would be wooded. That sounds like a really nice project.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Full hookups sites? It can get costly to bring in the power. If you supply the water you would be required to test and maintain water to utility standards, ie chlorinating etc and reporting State testing. Then septic tanks, uggg.

I have a close friend to owns a trailer/RV park in Florida so I hear all the stories from him. He’s always doing septic repairs, well and water treatment maintenance etc. each site has separate electric meters the responsibility of the residents.
    There are always the headaches of business. At this stage we are just trying to see if there is interest. And also curious if we're the oddballs. 😁

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I'm wondering how many have similar preferences for campsites as DW and I have. We ended up with a beautiful piece of wooded land in north Florida where we will spend our winters. We hate to see this property sitting vacant during the summer, so we're considering adding a few more sites.

So my question is: Do people prefer the resort type campgrounds, or would people be interested in a rural setting, well away from the neighbors? Our vision is to build a few sites that are basically an acre in size and hundreds of feet apart. They would all be full hook-up sites with probably a wood patio deck to park against and a fenced dog run on each site. We would have full size laundry on site and wifi internet available.

This is the kind of place we would like to live and we are curious if others are interested in something like this and would it be passing through, or would people like a monthly rate?
    Where do we sign up? Monthly rate for us, and as long as it's got decent internet and cell service, you've got us! An acre of land of nice as well. I work full-time and we both love hiking and the outdoors.

So, to answer your questions, from a practical standpoint for us. We usually look at the resorts since we are there for a few months at a time. We don't really pay attention to the amenities, but a decent restaurant is nice.

If I can find rural spots with full hookups and good cell and data service, I'd opt for locations like that over a resort.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post

It sounds like a great place. And we'd probably be interested, but the cost of such sites, typically, is out of the budget we set for trips.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    My preference is would be wooded. That sounds like a really nice project.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    So far, we've been having a great time.... clear some brush, build a road, fix up the utilities...

It was only intended as a place for the two of us, but as we get farther into it, we see other potential. If all that doesn't work out, then we still have what we intended.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    It sounds like a great place. And we'd probably be interested, but the cost of such sites, typically, is out of the budget we set for trips.
    We're actually planning to be competitive in price to the local KOA. (Where we are staying until we can get set up)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast