User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Cate&Rob,
    I was wondering what the brass fitting in upper right of the panel is, the one screwed to plywood with a hole in it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backside of Kantleak Panel - Upper Right Fitting.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	13937

Thanks,
    Gene

p.s. Did you use a 1/2" or 3/4" NPT 12V ball valve. Just wondered about the ball's bore size.
    -Just checked my spare 1/2" 12V HSH-Flo ball valve for Aux Fuel Tank - it's bore/port is 15mm so looks good for 1/2" water line use.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gene,

The brass valve is the black tank flush vacuum break. I moved it down to the water panel location. I realize that this does not comply with the RVIA requirement of being above the toilet bowl rim, but it is well above the black tank and enough above the flush hose attachment that it drains in both directions as required. I also added a check valve on the tank side as a second level of protection against any back flow from the black tank. I never liked the vacuum break being up behind the shower wall where I could not see it or easily get at it. The vacuum break valve is held in the “plywood hole” by the two screws and washers on each side. These, with the hose couplings on each side of the valve, make removing the vacuum break for replacement or service, a two minute job.

The 12V ball valve is 1/2” NPT. I never checked the ID but 15 mm sounds about right.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Over the last few years, I have posted about how to fix Kantleak system leaks, soft hose to Pex fitting leaks, a burst hose, the risks of leaving the water turned on, difficult gate valve operation and lack of furnace access on early Reflections. After wrestling with all of these things, I decided to rip it all out and build a plumbing system that would be the way I wanted it to be.
    Amazing work Rob, thanks! I can't see anything remaining that needs work, which begs the question, how are you going to fill your time? I live not far from you, and I have beer...

Thanks again.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful suggestion(s) for sure! Great solution for my issue. As always, your help is right on target and easy to follow, challenging to accomplish. Like cars and trucks, put together without a lot of consideration for serviceability. Thank you, sir.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found this. PDF saved. Very nice work Rob. I really love the bomb-bay doors.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob
    Thank you for taking the time to document and share your experiences. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing work and amazing documentation. All we need now is your phone #. Lol! When I saw you were Canadian I was excited that maybe we could connect with you in person but BC to Ontario is a bit of a haul. I don’t see why Manufacturer couldn’t do things right the first time. It seems like it would save them multiple enquiries/$$ and make potential repairs cheaper for all concerned.
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    That's insanely great work! I'd give anything to have that kind of skill and patience!
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi SC Rob - I was constantly reminded that I am not as flexible (or as small) as I used to be . I had an old quilt that I would spread under the trailer to ease wear-and-tear on elbows and knees. At one point, I dragged out an old pillow to reduce neck fatigue while I worked on re-routing and re-connectiong all the fiddly little tank sensor wires. I looked over to see kids across the street looking at me very strangely as lay there on my blankie and pillow under the trailer .

Rob
    First of all Rob, I hate you for this. I'll never have time, at least until I retire, to make these upgrades. But I know I'll be kicking myself down the road when I have to do a repair that would have either been avoided by this or that would have been much easier with these mods.

Second, a little diversion from the topic, but have you or anyone considered modifying a creeper for working on these higher ground clearance rigs? An aircraft creeper would be great, but expensive. When I was doing axle maintenance, I got to thinking that I could build a set of boxes similar to levelling blocks that could be stacked between a creeper frame and pad to raise me up to the bottom of the trailer. I have the same issues with nexk support working on things like this.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this post. Posting such detail is really appreciated. Looks like I have a lot of work to do. Ours is the same year trailer, just a 337RLS instead.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast